Author Topic: offline mission crashing  (Read 880 times)

Offline jeffcraft

• Zinc Member
offline mission crashing
« on: April 08, 2013, 06:16:48 PM »
ok so i have the 2.29 version of AHII i downloaded the peabody simple mission and the peabody pacmix mission (i think thats what its called) well it works fine... untill i get shot down or i shoot an AI down then it crashes and says aceshigh.exe has stopped working. i have to bring up task manager ot alt f4 it any idea how to fix this?

thank you for your time

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
Re: offline mission crashing
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 04:33:45 PM »
Does your computer crash when you shoot down one of the drones when NOT in a staged mission? Or if you simply smash into the ground?

If it also happens outside of staged missions as I describe above, then I would suspect something is wrong with your AH installation. In any event, completely removing it and re-installing may be the simplest test, and it might solve your problem.

I hope this helps!
 :salute

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 10:39:18 PM »
Does your computer crash when you shoot down one of the drones when NOT in a staged mission? Or if you simply smash into the ground?

If it also happens outside of staged missions as I describe above, then I would suspect something is wrong with your AH installation. In any event, completely removing it and re-installing may be the simplest test, and it might solve your problem.

I hope this helps!
 :salute

Commonly, if you let the mission run completely to the end, it may crash... When testing a mission, do not let it completely end...

OR

You may be also crashing the program by overloading it, many PC's cannot handle the sudden processing of the simulator...

Upload a copy of your DxDiag may help a smidge...

The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline jeffcraft

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 03:15:39 PM »
it only happens in staged missions. if i get shot down same thing how do i find the dxdiag

Offline jeffcraft

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 03:20:57 PM »
i hope this is what your looking for

Offline jeffcraft

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 03:49:49 PM »
so i downloaded the newest update, turned the resolution to something like 1024x1080 and turned anti aliasing up to mid way i hope this solved it ill let you all know if it does. i hot down one ai on a stage mission and no crash

tried the pacmix simple and it crashed there but  peabody simple didnt crash i dont understand it
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 04:03:45 PM by jeffcraft »

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 06:18:33 PM »
it sounds like your computer may be running out of resources. The Peabody simple mission,  which is working, demands far fewer resources than the pac mix mission, which is not working. You may have better success if you minimize graphics and graphical detail to the bare minimum.

I hope this helps.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 06:21:47 PM by bbosen »

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2013, 12:04:48 PM »
You will absolutely have resource issues with that computer.  The video card only has 120MB of dedicated RAM, which is far too little to run the game, even with the basic settings.  This means the operating system is going to steal away system RAM for the game, which reduces the amount of system RAM for the game itself.

It gets into a downhill spiral from there.  The more game resources needed, usually means more video RAM needed.

Once any given resource is exhausted, the results are never pretty.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com