Author Topic: Views  (Read 363 times)

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
Views
« on: May 09, 2013, 12:38:29 PM »
Why is it that distance on target seems to change when I look forward/default view vs a side view look?
You know when targ is in a 1 or 2 o'clock position. I find myself getting confused trying to keep with sit/aware. Seems as if the scale changes.
ty
ASROCK X99 Taichi, INTEL i7 6850@4.5GHz, GIGABYTE GTX 1070G1, Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, OCZ 256GB RD400, Seasonic 750W PSU, SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, Windows 10 Pro /64

Offline Rodent57

• AH Training Corps
  • Nickel Member
Re: Views
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 05:57:44 PM »
MADe,

I'm not sure I understand the phenom to which you are referring.  Any chance you can try to describe it differently?

If it is a matter of closing velocity, then you are going to see shifts as the closure occurs.  So, if you are using snap view and happen to be changing between say, FWD RIGHT to FWD as the target moves across one of the range display bands, you will see what appears to be a jump in range but is really just the game updating your range to Tgt.

If it is a static target (one that is basically co-speed and roughly the same direction), you won't see the range changing as quickly.

If I've missed the boat answering you, then feed me more info.

-Rodent57
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
-AE