Author Topic: Forum for Members Only  (Read 2549 times)

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
Re: Forum for Members Only
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2013, 04:12:02 PM »
I'm not saying I don't like this wish............but...I'm glad this wish will likely never make it through like 99.9% of the others and hopefully get lost in the pages of wishes :)
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2013, 04:17:06 PM »
Perhaps a solution a wish that the BBS ID, be linked to the  Active Member ID and provided somewhere identifying the status of the poster.  I'd like to know when I read a post if the person posting is a paying member.

There you go. I think that is a good idea. Doesn't take anything away, enhances transparency.
Pies not kicks.

Offline Old Sport

• Nickel Member
« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2013, 05:24:38 PM »
Perhaps use designations of subscriber, former subscriber and guest or something like that.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 05:27:32 PM by Old Sport »

Offline Old Sport

• Nickel Member
« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2013, 05:26:28 PM »
ooops

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2013, 05:36:13 PM »
One of the things we have on the Pigs site and may work here is a Members Only Area.  Basically only registered Squad Members can see it and access it.  So same thing here for paying subscribers to have a Members Only Area Forum is not such a bad idea. 

With some work I'll give the wish a +1.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2013, 05:41:05 PM »
that's kinda the transition Traveler's wish has gone to Waystin...members only areas that are either hidden from view (which is being done to some people now), or that are read only for non-subscribers and areas where non-subscribers can fully interact and get questions answered.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2013, 06:40:07 PM »
I have a few forums that are private I am on, we share ideas and clown around. Mainly its to keep up with old friends of the game, share stuff that skuzzy wont PNG you.
JG 52

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2013, 07:04:40 PM »
So instead of limiting what we have,why don't you wish for single subscribers forum on the bbs where only the paying player can view by signing in with his game ID and password.

Then in theory HTC can heed the call of the paying player, which seems to be what you are looking for.  It can be the forum for the special kids...kind of the short bus forum for the overly needy and mistrustful.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2013, 07:13:32 PM »
So instead of limiting what we have,why don't you wish for single subscribers forum on the bbs where only the paying player can view by signing in with his game ID and password.

Then in theory HTC can heed the call of the paying player, which seems to be what you are looking for.  It can be the forum for the special kids...kind of the short bus forum for the overly needy and mistrustful.

I don't think HTC will care whose paying or not, any good ideas is money in his bank so to speak.
JG 52

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2013, 08:09:02 PM »
MUZIK <---- Alert, Alert, Non-subscriber! Non-subscriber here!
Fear? You bet your life...but that all leaves you as you reach combat. Then there's a sense of great excitement, a thrill you can't duplicate anywhere...it's actually fun. Yes, I think it is the most exciting fun in the world. — Lt. Col. Robert B. "Westy" Westbrook, USAAF 6/<--lol@mod

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2013, 08:56:23 PM »
MUZIK <---- Alert, Alert, Non-subscriber! Non-subscriber here!
Gasp! No post for you!!
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #71 on: May 21, 2013, 07:13:50 PM »
Forums are public by definition. 
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #72 on: May 21, 2013, 09:07:46 PM »
Currently anyone can get an BBS ID and have at it in the forums.  I'd like to limit the forum area to paying members.  Anyone could read the posts, but only paying members could post.

Have at it.

I think he's trying to get rid of me  :noid :noid :noid
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: May 21, 2013, 10:05:39 PM »
Negative ma'am. Dumb idea, Thanks for playing.
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14