Author Topic: A Pair of 109F's from Jg 54.  (Read 2640 times)

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: A Pair of 109F's from Jg 54.
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2013, 01:05:23 PM »
Thanks guys.  :salute
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2013, 01:27:43 PM »
 :aok :aok
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2013, 03:35:38 PM »
Just curious, were the swastika's not on this gruppe's planes at the time? Have you elected not to include it on them?

I remember a passage in JG26  where there were pilots reflecting on whether they were nazi's or rather that they were not nazi's as they didn't have the "time" to get involved with party politics or did not want to involve themselves. 

It seemed a little convenient, and hindsight that they "were not involved," yet that was their defense and iirc most were not pursued for war crimes. iirc, Galland was one quoted about in the book, yet he spent a great deal of time at HQ...

Just curious, nothing more.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2013, 05:39:03 PM »
Swastika's are not allowed on skins if they represent the insignia of the Nazi Party. Hence, why they are allowed as kill marking on allied planes and as the national insignia for Finland.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2013, 09:52:03 PM »
Swastika's are not allowed on skins if they represent the insignia of the Nazi Party. Hence, why they are allowed as kill marking on allied planes and as the national insignia for Finland.

Since when? Always?

I was almost sure that the A-5 skin I used the most had it, but I just went and checked...nope not there. Nor was it on any skin 109 190 that I looked at. Maybe I'm losing my mind, but I thought they used to be there...

If a skin is to be historically correct to be included, shouldn't it be historically correct?

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2013, 10:04:35 PM »
They are illegal in Germany…last I checked…and IIRC, HTC will not put them on planes for that reason (we have German players). 

Somebody can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe it is that simple.

Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2013, 10:33:39 PM »
Since when? Always?

I was almost sure that the A-5 skin I used the most had it, but I just went and checked...nope not there. Nor was it on any skin 109 190 that I looked at. Maybe I'm losing my mind, but I thought they used to be there...

If a skin is to be historically correct to be included, shouldn't it be historically correct?
In my opinion, I'd rather be historically accurate over politically correct. That said, I fully understand why HTC would not want swastika's in their game.

They are illegal in Germany…last I checked…and IIRC, HTC will not put them on planes for that reason (we have German players). 

Also true.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2013, 10:45:02 AM »

Not intending to get into an argument with any of this. But German law does not dictate anything that can be done on the internet outside of their borders. Well maybe in some cases some technological contribution has shaped the way we use the internet...but I guess that now makes me curious if when in Germany, someone google images Priller, Hartmann, Phillip, Rall, etc.  does Google not show the images of their planes because they have swastikas on them?

I'd imagine the law pertains to the  display of it...

Devil: nice work on them btw and I agree, but you are also correct, being offensive is not good for business.