Author Topic: Video - A Sortie with JG5  (Read 525 times)

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Video - A Sortie with JG5
« on: June 16, 2013, 12:55:43 PM »
Here's some footage of JG5 members winging up, blowing things up, and having fun!  :)

Going to adjust my audio levels for the next video so the engine sounds aren't so loud and you can hear the chatter a bit better. The slight echo is because I was recording input sounds from my mic and I had forgotten my speakers were on. Will remember that next time (hopefully).

Which style do you guys like? This video style like this one where you get to see the climb out to the fight, or my other 2 videos were I cut straight to the fights? Let me know and I'll start doing more videos like it.
Anyways, without further ado, here you go!  :D  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgryu4S7gMo   (go 1080p and full screen for full immersion! and I don't mind if you tell me I sound retarded, I know I am  :) )

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Re: Video - A Sortie with JG5
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 01:48:09 PM »
 :aok

:lol Red October Sch-tanding by  :lol
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 11:08:22 PM »
my family  :cheers:

Offline The Fury

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 05:38:01 AM »
Love that base you guys were fighting at some great fights in the past few days there.

<S> JG5 always fun flying near ya  :aok
The Few
England    www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
The Few  (Tour 77)                                                                                            Currently Flying as Fury

Offline kano

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 11:55:18 AM »
Great film im glad someone hates brewsters as much as me  :x

As Synister said always a pleasure flying near you guys  :joystick:

EatG
The Few

S/L No 32 squadron BoB 2013

Eats Eagle

Offline BadAngel

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2013, 12:36:02 PM »
Which style do you guys like? This video style like this one where you get to see the climb out to the fight, or my other 2 videos were I cut straight to the fights?

I don't need to see anybody take off, but having enough film before initially engaging is helpful for me to see as a beginner, where judgement calls are being made.  Learned a few things (including don't fly a Brewster around you guys).  Thanks.

Nice flying guys!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 12:39:01 PM by BadAngel »

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2013, 02:12:13 PM »
What's your Field of View set to?  It looks like you've got it back a bit for more width?  :salute
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2013, 02:19:24 PM »
My FOV is at 125, I find it to be the best balance (for me) between more peripheral vision while not getting too much of a fish eye effect. I had posted a thread somewhere where FrankieonPC shows how to get a more natural FOV in FPS games. Works good for AHII as well, I just turned it up slightly because I am looking at a computer monitor that has edges where the vision just stops.