Author Topic: Instrument glitch?  (Read 313 times)

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
Instrument glitch?
« on: June 22, 2013, 03:37:11 PM »
Hi all,

I do a lot of flying in the 109's.

When my engine is shot to bits, lost to radiator damage or else and the prop is not spinning any more, the rpm dial remains at 2600 rpm.

Is this a glitch or intended because from my point of view this should read zero ?

thanks for any reply.

McShark
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 10:46:01 AM by Pyro »
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. -Charles Bukowski
Gleams the blade,Shines my Honor
Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Instrument glitch?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 06:54:35 AM »
well if your in the air then the prop should be wind milling or spinning.... in which case it would stay at what ever RPM you have selected due to the constant speed prop. you can press the + and - keys on the number pad to slow down or speed  up the prop. If you are in a single engine aircraft then you can never stop the prop in air unless you get below around 30mph. If in a multi engine aircraft then the prop will get feathered.
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 04:10:22 PM »
True, i know about rpm, use it a lot on landing, when rtb and low on gas  :D  :angel:
What I mean is with your engine shot, damaged, out of oil and so on and your prop is clearly NOT spinning ( it often stops with one blade in front you cockpit ), the dial still reads the last rpm you were flying with.
I think you can test it when making a bad landing when your prop hits the tarmac but for the rest your plane is still intact. The dial will read the last rpm you flew with.

The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. -Charles Bukowski
Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 04:43:35 PM »
True, i know about rpm, use it a lot on landing, when rtb and low on gas  :D  :angel:
What I mean is with your engine shot, damaged, out of oil and so on and your prop is clearly NOT spinning ( it often stops with one blade in front you cockpit ), the dial still reads the last rpm you were flying with.
I think you can test it when making a bad landing when your prop hits the tarmac but for the rest your plane is still intact. The dial will read the last rpm you flew with.

loss of power, gauge quits?
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 05:56:53 PM »
 :noid

Tried it twice today, land nose forward, try to survive it, stays at rpm.

I also tried to find out if they used any "electronically" instruments that time, but not really. The rpm was hooked up the gearbox with a spindle so if the engine shuts down on whatever reason it should read 0.

Can't have everything can't we?

McShark
Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 01:18:14 PM »
Tested it again today.

Looks with the latest patch this is solved.

Thanks everyone at HTC!  :aok
Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn