Author Topic: need joystick scales for thrustmaster hotas x  (Read 1010 times)

Offline hotcoffe

• Nickel Member
need joystick scales for thrustmaster hotas x
« on: July 15, 2013, 04:22:00 PM »
need joystick scales for thrustmaster hotas x

does any one has them?

thnx in advance.
- Der Wander Zirkus -

Offline The Fury

• Silver Member
Re: need joystick scales for thrustmaster hotas x
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 04:58:57 PM »
I have had this stick for 2 months now and no matter what I cant get it smooth im getting a bit worried now, I really hope someone has a decent setup for this stick. I can get it sort of smooth but then when Im flying fast bnz style its kinda all over the place i cant hold my pipper on the enemy and i just end up spraying all over the place. Plus the rocker thing is awkward to use and seems to just make me spin out of control. Really tempted to go back to mouse and look for a new stick.....

How is yours?
The Few
England    www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
The Few  (Tour 77)                                                                                            Currently Flying as Fury

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 06:06:24 PM »
If I understand the topic correctly, you want to know what to set the scaling sliders at for your stick. So that it is not so sensitive and you do not BO as often? I do not use your style of stick but I offer this.

Each axis x, y and z will prolly be different. It depends a lot on how you yourself use the stick. Its a some what personal set up.
In my case I set the sliders in an oval shaped format. The 1st and second sliders are almost the same. Then I make slider 3's box, half a box up. 4 a whole box up from 3. 5, 2 box up from 4. 6, 4 box up from 5. I gradually increase more and more till the last box is at 100%. If you connected the box's with a line, it would form a 1/4 of an oval.
Now depending on which axis, I place the 1st 2 boxes rather low on the scale. z axis is at 5%, y axis is at 20% and x axis is at 30%. Damping and center dead zone are 0%. I calibrate each axis separately, not with the joystick calibration tab, but with the single axis cal choice. My solution for my stick.

What this does is make a slow response stick. You will have to play with the curve till you find whats works for you.

I do this this way cuz I built myself a full scale stick and I have way more range of movement than the store bought jet sticks. I needed to deaden it down.

luck
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 08:12:53 PM by MADe »
ASROCK X99 Taichi, INTEL i7 6850@4.5GHz, GIGABYTE GTX 1070G1, Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, OCZ 256GB RD400, Seasonic 750W PSU, SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, Windows 10 Pro /64

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 07:05:16 PM »
you're welcome to try mine if you want...i think these are the files you need.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/405468/AH%20Stuff/tflighthotasps3.jsm

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/405468/AH%20Stuff/tflighthotasx.jsm

let me know if those aren't the right files...they should go in your settings folder.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline NikonGuy

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 05:13:30 AM »
Try this for elevator and rudder, makes them nice and smooth for better aiming

and this one for aileron

You break 'em, I fix 'em.
RAAF Retired Aircraft Maintenance Technician, General Dynamics F111, Lockheed P3C, Douglas A20G & DB7

Offline The Fury

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 07:03:46 AM »
That's something similar to what I have mine setup at right now but not to those extremes ill try them out later. Thanx.
The Few
England    www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
The Few  (Tour 77)                                                                                            Currently Flying as Fury

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 10:20:19 AM »
I used to have something like NikonGuy's first for the X and Y axii, actually it's a form of the quarter of an oval MADe described, or half of a parabolic curve. Sometimes I also used the linear approach. In both cases I started from about one third from the left bottom, ending in the upper right corner. IIRC someone used a curve starting way up from one third from the upper left corner, ending again to the upper right.

The rocker on the throttle just plainly sucks. It doesn't return to center no matter how much dead band or damping is being applied. Thus it doesn't work for rudder. You should also have extra long fingers to conveniently use it. I tried to use it for a back-forth zoomer, and left-right viewer, but again it dropped me off the crosshair. Go twisty, or even better, use pedals. For those who might not know it yet, AH can make use of the pedals of a steering wheel thingy. They'll work quite well if they have symmetrical and long enough movements. I used to use a Saitek R440 for rudder, the wheel part was on its face under my desk somewhere.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2013, 10:26:50 AM »
The rocker on the throttle just plainly sucks. It doesn't return to center no matter how much dead band or damping is being applied. Thus it doesn't work for rudder. You should also have extra long fingers to conveniently use it. I tried to use it for a back-forth zoomer, and left-right viewer, but again it dropped me off the crosshair.
that's odd Biz...my rocker switch works flawlessly for rudder. the only drawback is it's sensitive...and i have average length fat meatstick fingers.  :D
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2013, 11:49:20 AM »
that's odd Biz...my rocker switch works flawlessly for rudder. the only drawback is it's sensitive...and i have average length fat meatstick fingers.  :D
Well, yeah... It has been that way right from the start and since my palms are broader than my fingers are long it wasn't in a good position for me anyhow. Nevertheless, my old (t)rusty TopGun Afterburner II has a rocker that doesn't center automatically. It stops just before the center and has to be pushed just  a little bit over and then released.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2013, 12:18:20 PM »
 Over the years I've helped many players with this problem!  what I usually do is fly behind the player and have them shoot,I then watch for any unwanted inputs and suggest ways to correct them. I've found that what works for 1 player doesnt always work for another even if they have the exact same equipment.

I'm usually in the TA between 9pm and 11pm Mon thru thrusdays that's eastern time zone. If you'd like to stop by I can take a look and see if I can help or make a few suggestions for you to try.

Personally I use little or no scaling,all the sliders are at the top,however I never suggest others use this approach.The 1 axis that I often suggest that a player uses no scalling or all sliders at the top would be the roll axis,you want the plane as responsive as possible in the roll axis as this is a low energy move,IE it doesn't pull G's!

Most players have problems with the elevator and rudder axis,the rudder is easy enough to fix in most cases but the elevator can be a problem simply because it acts differently on most planes. If you only fly a select few or only 1 plane then it's not much of an issue but if you fly many different planes what works with 1 may not work as well with another.

YMMV.

:salute

Offline hotcoffe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2013, 08:26:12 AM »
thnx everybody for the help.
- Der Wander Zirkus -

Offline hotcoffe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2013, 08:31:01 AM »
you're welcome to try mine if you want...i think these are the files you need.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/405468/AH%20Stuff/tflighthotasps3.jsm

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/405468/AH%20Stuff/tflighthotasx.jsm

let me know if those aren't the right files...they should go in your settings folder.

Thnx I ll check today and let you know.
- Der Wander Zirkus -

Offline hotcoffe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2013, 08:35:31 AM »
  I'm usually in the TA between 9pm and 11pm Mon thru thrusdays that's eastern time zone. If you'd like to stop by I can take a look and see if I can help or make a few suggestions for you to try.

Sure thnx alot, its gonna be couple weeks before I can start playing again. But I ll drop by as soon as I have the time.
- Der Wander Zirkus -

Offline hotcoffe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2013, 08:37:58 AM »
Try this for elevator and rudder, makes them nice and smooth for better aiming

(Image removed from quote.)

and this one for aileron

(Image removed from quote.)
Thnx I ll try these as well.
- Der Wander Zirkus -