Author Topic: Bombers and their variants.  (Read 532 times)

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Bombers and their variants.
« on: July 17, 2013, 12:26:58 PM »
Ju-88C heavy fighter version
Ju-88P gunship version. P-1 with the BK 7, P-2 with two BK 3,7s and no extra armor, and P-4 with a BK 5.

Do 217M

A20J

Pe 2

That is all......

You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
Re: Bombers and their variants.
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 12:47:05 PM »
rather see the a-20b and c...

ju-88c6 or g7
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 01:04:00 PM »
There is really no reason for any other variant of the A-20, any other additions would not see much use.  The A-20J is basically the same as the G, except with a glass nose and if you want a glass nosed Havok, fly the Boston.  The A-20G would be better off in game with more ordnance options instead of adding more variants.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline JohnnyHeelz

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 01:06:09 PM »
Aren't you a dogfight only person?

There is really no reason for any other variant of the A-20, any other additions would not see much use.  The A-20J is basically the same as the G, except with a glass nose and if you want a glass nosed Havok, fly the Boston.  The A-20G would be better off in game with more ordnance options instead of adding more variants.

ack-ack

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 01:07:28 PM »

ack-ack

What ordnance options would there be? I'm guessing 100lb bombs, and 100lb bombs. About right?
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 01:41:30 PM »
What ordnance options would there be? I'm guessing 100lb bombs, and 100lb bombs. About right?

The A-20G had a lot of different ordnance options, some that would need be added in game like the ability to carry rockets or torpedoes.  The early A-20G production models (around 200) were produced with quad 20mm cannons in the nose (saw service with the USAAF in the PTO and with the Soviets).

Aren't you a dogfight only person?

What does that have to do with anything relating to this thread?

ack-ack

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 01:45:21 PM »
i thought the c model was the one that carried a torpedo...  :headscratch:  didn't see anything on the g model doing it.
jarhed  

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2013, 01:47:56 PM »
The A-20G had a lot of different ordnance options, some that would need be added in game like the ability to carry rockets or torpedoes.  The early A-20G production models (around 200) were produced with quad 20mm cannons in the nose (saw service with the USAAF in the PTO and with the Soviets).

HVAR's, or those 4.5" rockets? Never have seen a photo of an A20 with any rockets, come to that. And, we'd need a perked ordnance system to reasonably add the 4x 20mm option, or it would comprise about 95% of all A20 sorties.

And I also thought it was the C that carried the torps. Not a big US bomber buff though, could be mistaken.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2013, 01:48:45 PM »
i thought the c model was the one that carried a torpedo...  :headscratch:  didn't see anything on the g model doing it.

G models also had a kit that allowed the use of torpedoes but I don't think any were used operationally, at least for the USAAF.

ack-ack

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2013, 01:53:02 PM »
HVAR's, or those 4.5" rockets? Never have seen a photo of an A20 with any rockets, come to that. And, we'd need a perked ordnance system to reasonably add the 4x 20mm option, or it would comprise about 95% of all A20 sorties.

And I also thought it was the C that carried the torps. Not a big US bomber buff though, could be mistaken.

The photos I've seen with the A-20G were with the bazooka rockets and launcher tubes, like this A-20G.

I've also seen pictures of a Boston III with rockets.

ack-ack

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2013, 02:17:01 PM »
G models also had a kit that allowed the use of torpedoes but I don't think any were used operationally, at least for the USAAF.

ack-ack
the c model did see operational use with the torp and without a field kit, but i don't think it had the engines the g model had.
jarhed