Author Topic: Hi Tech Decision on P-63  (Read 6025 times)

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
Re: Hi Tech Decision on P-63
« Reply #105 on: September 13, 2013, 05:42:42 PM »
I've already established my biases against Brewster.

Duly noted. So since you knew that your bias prevents you from saying anything objective about the subject, why say anything at all?

It doesn't change the fact that my argument about mechanical shortcomings is solid, nor does it change the fact that tubby little fighters from the late 1930s were inferior machines to the best the Axis could put up in those days.

Actually regarding Brewster Corp. your argument isn't solid as far as B239 is concerned. The true problems with the quality started after the delivery of B239s as the company expanded rapidly due to the war. It was mismanaged company in many ways but that really didn't affect the Finnish order of B239s or their capability in combat.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #106 on: September 13, 2013, 05:50:06 PM »
I never made the claim that it was overmodeled. I merely referred to the fact that in the Pacific it was a disaster.

Ok. My mistake, sorry. I interpeted the "unmitigated disaster" in your initial post as "unmitigated disaster regarding modeling" as there has been countless upon countless BS-claims on this BBS calling B239 overmodelled without a shred of evidence. As this board is saturated with such claims, I thought this is another one. Again, my mistake.

My apologies for the misunderstanding regarding your initial comment.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #107 on: September 13, 2013, 05:50:40 PM »
Blinder, nobody was attacking you - problem is when someone argues against the "brewster" in Aces high they are referring to the B-239 which is a totally different aircraft then the Brewster Buffalo.

Apples to Oranges as its been said, only reason I cannot be bias'ed on the B-239 is everything is correct about it, its performance is what I have on charts, its kill record shows it was a pretty good weapon for the Finns, its only a shame the Finns didn't have an equal aircraft at the time of the War to see what different that would of played (Spitfires or hurricanes for example).

JG 52

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #108 on: September 13, 2013, 05:51:28 PM »
Ok. My mistake, sorry. I interpeted the "unmitigated disaster" in your initial post as "unmitigated disaster regarding modeling" as there has been countless upon countless BS-claims on this BBS calling B239 overmodelled without a shred of evidence. As this board is saturated with such claims, I thought this is another one. Again, my mistake.

My apologies for the misunderstanding regarding your initial comment.

Wmaker - I assumed blinder was talking about the same thing, however most are simply confused by the "Buffalo vs B-239". Apples to oranges :)
JG 52