Author Topic: Is the community split half and half on this issue?  (Read 1918 times)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Re: Is the community split half and half on this issue?
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2013, 11:56:16 PM »
1.This is the internet and it can't be taken seriously

2. The manner of which you conduct yourself online is the same as how you act in person.

I am on neither fence, depending on the situation on a given day a person's judgement may differ depending on different factors and influences..

Mind games are good fun :)
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

HOST: HiTech Shot Down Skyyr Kill#1

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2013, 08:13:42 AM »
I am on neither fence, depending on the situation on a given day a person's judgement may differ depending on different factors and influences..

Mind games are good fun :)

I don't have enough pieces to play the game. :(

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2013, 08:59:10 AM »
you are who you are. Its just that in real life you have to live with consequences of what you say or do where on the internet you can hide.

I would suggest that you stop these threads accusing others of being hypocrites and show us how brave you are. Post what said here and let HT and the community decide who is a hypocrite and if it is ok because its the internet.  I dont think you have the balls to do it.

I have two daughters. If you said that to them and I was there, you can imagine what would happen. So, man up and say it again in a place where you cannot hide behind the internet excuse or let it go.

This.

There is bantering, general oafishness, joshin' about...but there are limits.  Just as in real life,if one doesn't understand those limits and says something out of bounds...others will point out the issue.

General rule of thumb: If you wouldn't say it in real life, don't say it here.  If saying it in real life would have consequences you'd normally not like ...say, getting your lights punched out, publicly embarassed etc...don't say it here.

Enough of this subject....It's getting old and some won't ever learn...

For the record...I am #2.  I kid and give a hard time here but no more so than real life.  I expect the same from the rest of you psychotics....again, while adhering to the general rule of thumb above.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 09:20:47 AM by Fulcrum »
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline Frod

• Copper Member
« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2013, 12:49:17 PM »
But wait!  Maybe we could suggest a spin-off game "Band of Blowhards" !  What do you think?      :-O

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2013, 01:29:09 PM »
But wait!  Maybe we could suggest a spin-off game "Band of Blowhards" !  What do you think?      :-O
why spin it off, the arenas have been doing a good job of holding all of them...

you clowns are all boring...same old b.s. about whose dragging who's whatzit through someone elses biscuits and who took a crap when it happened. nobody cares. like a bunch of menopausal women with nothing better to do but get offended something some faceless numbnuts half a world away is doing in his neighbors back yard. oh the shame, they should pass a law...  :rolleyes:
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2013, 01:36:03 PM »
why spin it off, the arenas have been doing a good job of holding all of them...yada yada yada

Not sure how that applies...but I've been waiting for the right time to use it so  :P
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2013, 01:37:17 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Not sure how that applies...but I've been waiting for the right time to use it so  :P
:rofl   :rofl   :rofl   :rofl now that's funny!!!  :rofl 
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2013, 01:42:52 PM »
i do...  :t  ...it's a good brain exercise for use later.  :devil

You and I are going to have to sit down and have a beer together, one day...
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2013, 01:45:34 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Approved  :aok   :aok
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: October 14, 2013, 01:49:30 PM »
Somehow I feel like this kind of questions makes one seriously think if there's something gone seriously wrong in fostering kids for a long time. I've been raised to treat others like I'd like to be treated. On the other hand, I, too might turn out to be
a total bastid in real life...the internet offers me the chance to be a nice guy
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline killb8

• Copper Member
« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2013, 03:00:44 AM »
Number 2 for me. Good question though. There is no such thing as secure data, never has been, never will be. Today skip-tracing is a simple affair. I do not think it wise to behave in a provocative manner. Just my opinion but I do not feel safely anonymous. I do feel accountable for the things I say and do.  :noid :neener: :old: :ahand :bhead  :uhoh :bolt: