Author Topic: Better haptics  (Read 3414 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Better haptics
« Reply #90 on: November 04, 2013, 11:20:22 PM »
Hlbly you didn't explain the Harley remark. Did you really confuse an aircraft with a motorcycle?

Btw if you don't take the opportunity to prove me wrong people are likely to think that you did test the old version but for some inexplicable reason you don't want to post the results.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: November 04, 2013, 11:38:13 PM »
Hlbly you didn't explain the Harley remark. Did you really confuse an aircraft with a motorcycle?

Btw if you don't take the opportunity to prove me wrong people are likely to think that you did test the old version but for some inexplicable reason you don't want to post the results.

Dude, you must have some form of Asperger's.

The burden of proof is not on Hlbly since you are the one continually suggesting he is too stupid to understand (like in the highlighted part above), have consistently suggested the bug he found was a feature when Baumer, not to mention the HTC staff agreed with him and you continue to imply you know better without supplying any evidence or explanation. Yet you expect Hlbly to do your leg work for you.

Also, please do continue to ignore me. I'm sure you think you are 'winning' by doing this too, in actuality this is rather like a boxing match with my opponent's arms tied behind his back and I just found out he slept with my wife.

”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #92 on: November 05, 2013, 03:37:04 AM »

The way you compensate really ? A big bike or a small jet. I think you are once again trying to cloud what the truth is.  :aok   Like you do not ignore people points or things. Time to reply to nrshida I would say. The thread was not about trim. Good thing for you because you know nothing about trim I would wager . ;)   Wrong again with your assumption about high speed buffet being controlled by buffet slider on this patch. Good guess but wrong patch for it to control high speed buffet. It is a pre Baumer's input patch. Guess again. Only one answer left .....stretch FLS you can do it.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 04:03:32 AM by hlbly »

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #93 on: November 05, 2013, 04:10:35 AM »
Wow, you two are still going at each other?  How about taking a deep breath, relax, and let it go.  It appears you're never going to agree, so why not agree that the other guy is wrong and mosey on to something else.   :salute
Sorry Puma . I have let it go many times. I am right and he is wrong and I just don't think quitting has helped anything in the past. I want him to stop derailing my threads. I want him to leave me alone. Backing down from a bully only leads to more abuse. It is always that way with cowards and bullies. I have sought him out not one time. I can not post a thread about anything that he can take a contrary stand on he does not interject himself. I have dealt with it for years. The smile was nothing friendly or even true on his part. It was simply another attempt to goad me. He does not need to goad me. I will not back down from him anymore. Several posts back I said it was my last reply to him. I went through everything we have butted heads on. Backing down always leads to more of the same.

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #94 on: November 05, 2013, 09:33:08 AM »
Sorry Puma . I have let it go many times. I am right and he is wrong and I just don't think quitting has helped anything in the past. I want him to stop derailing my threads. I want him to leave me alone. Backing down from a bully only leads to more abuse. It is always that way with cowards and bullies. I have sought him out not one time. I can not post a thread about anything that he can take a contrary stand on he does not interject himself. I have dealt with it for years. The smile was nothing friendly or even true on his part. It was simply another attempt to goad me. He does not need to goad me. I will not back down from him anymore. Several posts back I said it was my last reply to him. I went through everything we have butted heads on. Backing down always leads to more of the same.

Awww dang bullies

Incogneto,
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #95 on: November 05, 2013, 10:21:12 AM »
Awww dang bullies

(Image removed from quote.)

Incogneto,

Incognito.  Get it right. 
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #96 on: November 05, 2013, 12:44:55 PM »
The way you compensate really ? A big bike or a small jet. I think you are once again trying to cloud what the truth is.  :aok   Like you do not ignore people points or things. Time to reply to nrshida I would say. The thread was not about trim. Good thing for you because you know nothing about trim I would wager . ;)   Wrong again with your assumption about high speed buffet being controlled by buffet slider on this patch. Good guess but wrong patch for it to control high speed buffet. It is a pre Baumer's input patch. Guess again. Only one answer left .....stretch FLS you can do it.

So you now finally admit that the buffet slider does control the high speed buffet on the older version. That's 2 down, one to go.
Your claim that the buffet slider was previously "fixed" is not believable. It was never broken.

Did you happen to also test the Stall slider to confirm it controls the stall buffet as well as the vibration that was removed?

Edit: I think I got the small jet reference. That's the previous avatar and the motorcycle is the current avatar?  The "small jet" is my dad landing his sailplane at Harris Hill. I took the photo, it was printed in Sport Aviation magazine, ironically there was no compensation. The "motorcycle" is his Tiger Moth biplane.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 03:36:52 PM by FLS »

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #97 on: November 05, 2013, 03:48:13 PM »
So you now finally admit that the buffet slider does control the high speed buffet on the older version. That's 2 down, one to go.
Your claim that the buffet slider was previously "fixed" is not believable. It was never broken.

Did you happen to also test the Stall slider to confirm it controls the stall buffet as well as the vibration that was removed?

Edit: I think I got the small jet reference. That's the previous avatar and the motorcycle is the current avatar?  The "small jet" is my dad landing his sailplane at Harris Hill. I took the photo, it was printed in Sport Aviation magazine, ironically there was no compensation. The "motorcycle" is his Tiger Moth biplane.
Hey gashole....can you read? Do you know how to click a link ?  Last post in this thread from sudz.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,247921.msg3042019.html#msg3042019

Sudz not good enough ? How about Skuzzy ?

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,241749.msg2941721.html#msg2941721

Do you want to see the PM's from.... Nah I don't want you to see those....might hurt your feelings. Sorry Sudz and Skuzzy will have to do. To bad because I think a lot of people would get as big a chuckle out of it as I do.

Here let me do it for you we know how lazy you are. I post....."Buffet doesn't work in FF .Turn off stall in force feedback . Then try it ."

Sudz reply......"We are aware of this and one other FF bug.  Unfortunately, an in-house hardware hiccup caused a delay in addressing either issue. We were, however, able to confirm both as bugs and are on the list to be fixed." Note the word bug not feature . I do not know how to make it more simple .

In thread where skuzzy acknowledges bug ... I post this in reply to someone that insists it is my stick...."actually it is the game . tried 3 different sticks myself before i started asking . no ones stick has buffet . the stall effect starts to jar the stick when u get real close to a stall .but uncheck stall  nothing . for anyone ."
Simply put if stall is unchecked there is no buffet at all period for anyone do you understand that? Is it clear to you ? No I doubt it. So here it is just for you.

From Skuzzy .........."The 'buffet' feature in the force feedback is not working at the moment."  I even gave you links . Wish I could share the PM's with you but they are a bit harsh about someone taking part in this thread. No I really do wish I could ! :rofl :rofl

Still no answer to Nrshida....my my my .....the saying bullies are really cowards is true I guess.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 04:03:45 PM by hlbly »

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #98 on: November 05, 2013, 04:07:41 PM »
As you yourself just proved in your own test. The buffet slider controlled the high speed buffet. The names were confusing everybody so they renamed them. Anyone with an old version and FFB stick can confirm that, but you already did it for them.  :aok

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #99 on: November 05, 2013, 04:13:14 PM »
As you yourself just proved in your own test. The buffet slider controlled the high speed buffet. The names were confusing everybody so they renamed them. Anyone with an old version and FFB stick can confirm that, but you already did it for them.  :aok
Are the words too big ? Did skuzzy confuse you with "buffet" not working ? Was the use of the word "bug" by sudz  too much ? Are you really that dense? Bet you were potty trained with a shotgun!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 04:15:21 PM by hlbly »

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #100 on: November 05, 2013, 06:37:53 PM »
nrshida, puma, Triton28,earl,bustr....I am going to ask you guys to look at the threads I linked. If even one of you says that I have misinterpreted what Skuzzy and Sudz wrote. I will apologize to FLS and I will close my bbs account and never log in here again. If all of you think I understood them correctly I will just ignore FLS. You four seem reasonable. I tire of what I see as circular arguments and contrary statements. I will accept the ruling of one or all five. I imagine some do not want to be involved in this. If it wasn't such a continuously occurring thing I would have dropped it long before now.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #101 on: November 05, 2013, 11:33:49 PM »
I've learned to not argue with Skuzzy when he has the source code.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #102 on: November 06, 2013, 12:18:39 AM »
Thats one.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #103 on: November 06, 2013, 12:54:21 AM »
I will just ignore FLS.

I suggest this would be the best course of action. Let him think he's 'winning'. FLS has illustrated what he's all about in this thread. One would assume an official AH trainer would be all about forthright explanations and helping people rather than to use the position as a platform from which to talk down to 'ordinary' players from their pedestal of arrogance and self-importance. But alas no.

It's a shame we were unable to discuss haptics a bit more thanks to people who cannot stand to be shown to be wrong.

[/thread]
”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #104 on: November 06, 2013, 09:50:26 AM »

Nobody is arguing with Skuzzy. As I explained already, the buffet slider worked before the update. Hlbly just proved that. The notion that it didn't work came from thinking that it controlled the stall buffet instead of the high speed buffet. I noted that 3 years ago as shown in the link hlbly provided. Hlbly only knows better now because I just told him how to test it.

Now if hlbly will admit that the "stall" slider controlled both the vibration, i.e. "pebbles", as well the the stall buffet, "rocks", then he'll be 3 for 3. Anyone with an old version and FFB stick can confirm that.