Author Topic: Shifting games to nu drive...or not.  (Read 157 times)

Offline Kenne

• Nickel Member
Shifting games to nu drive...or not.
« on: December 06, 2013, 03:06:09 PM »
gonna install new OS on a new 1TB drive.

but iv got games beside AH on the old drive.

so:
i redownload the games, or install the old drive as a secondary drive and play
them from there?
Women are like the Government. They have no problem that can't be solved by throwing money at it!
لقد حصلت على تذكرتين إلى الجنة

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Shifting games to nu drive...or not.
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 03:49:43 PM »
Redownload the games. They have things written in the Registry which will be gone with the new install. If you have saved games which you'd like to keep, either find out how to transfer the savings to another installation, or install the drive as a secondary, reinstall the games to the secondary drive over the existing ones (for new Registry entries) and hope that the settings haven't changed.

You'd get the best results by reinstalling everything, possibly being able to transfer the saved achievements.

BTW for a non-English co-AH'er your spelling is very hard to understand, but if you don't like to get answers from others than illiterate natives it's OK. I guess...
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Kenne

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 05:22:53 PM »
BTW for a non-English co-AH'er your spelling is very hard to understand, but if you don't like to get answers from others than illiterate natives it's OK. I guess...

the problems of flying Air Warrior  :D
Women are like the Government. They have no problem that can't be solved by throwing money at it!

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 05:28:08 PM »
Or you could do what I did: Clonezilla the old drive to the new one, and either use the built-in OS tools or Partition Magic to fix the partitions.

Lazy? Yes, but sure as hell beats trying to remember what all I need to reinstall.  :D
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 06:03:11 PM »

what the heck did you just say, because your spelling is very hard to understand?  there's also illiterate non-natives.  btw, I know what you meant, but that is not what you wrote.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Kenne

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 11:33:04 PM »
is dual boot a possibility?

old vista on one partition, and W7 on the other?

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2013, 11:56:59 PM »
is dual boot a possibility?

old vista on one partition, and W7 on the other?

old vista, asta la vista baby. 

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.