Author Topic: Joystick problems ?  (Read 273 times)

Offline TOMCAT21

• Silver Member
Joystick problems ?
« on: March 03, 2014, 10:51:14 AM »
I calibrate my joystick every other day I play and its Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. With that being said the issue I am having is whatever direction I move my stick, lets say up for example, there is residual movement. Is it a scaling issue with the joystick or a calibration issue ?
RETIRED US Army/ Flying and dying since Tour 80/"We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded." - Capt. Richard Winters.  FSO 412th FNVG/MA- REGULATORS

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
Re: Joystick problems ?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 11:39:13 AM »
I calibrate my joystick every other day I play and its Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. With that being said the issue I am having is whatever direction I move my stick, lets say up for example, there is residual movement. Is it a scaling issue with the joystick or a calibration issue ?

Did you go into the AH advanced section and watch the output on the two vertical scales as you move the stick?

Offline TOMCAT21

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 11:43:55 AM »
yes I did.
RETIRED US Army/ Flying and dying since Tour 80/"We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded." - Capt. Richard Winters.  FSO 412th FNVG/MA- REGULATORS

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 12:19:08 PM »
You should calibrate your stick in Windows and do both calibration routines in Aces High (calibrate axis and controls) and see if you still get any phantom stick movements.  If you do still see some movement, then try adjusting the dead band and see if that will eliminate the problem.  If it still persists, then you may have a stick going bad on you.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline TOMCAT21

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 12:35:10 PM »
I will try that ack-ack. Thanks..

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 02:33:21 PM »
yes I did.

Were they following each other?  I assume they were.  Just curious.

I have better luck calibrating each individual axis in AH.  That is one at the time compared to the click on "Joystick Calibration."

Some other thoughts.  USB power limitations.

Offline TOMCAT21

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 02:46:52 PM »
Well, it fixed the problem for the most part. I am currently playing on a laptop since my desk top is in storage and I think I am having USB power problems because it is a lap top.