Author Topic: dot command for formation flying  (Read 323 times)

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
dot command for formation flying
« on: March 26, 2014, 06:02:45 PM »
Is there one? I have a vague memory that something like that was added to make it easier for multiple bomber formations.
Pies not kicks.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: dot command for formation flying
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 06:35:26 PM »
In your keyboard mapping is a command for setting the player you first did this to:

.wingman playerID

As the formation leader which your fighter or bomber will then be controlled by as a robot.

You need to assign that command a hotkey. Once you have a hotkey set for it.

1. - .wingman playerID
2. - get within 1000-400 yards and hit your mapped hotkey.

From that point until you break free, your wingman will control your plane as long as his maneuvers are gentle. This is great for large formations of bombers with players who don't know how to use the bomb sight calibration very well. They just wait until the mission leader(.wingman) tells them to start hitting their bomb drop button.

It's better to first form up at about half throttle. Some players find the gyrating around of their virtual in cockpit stick our yoke disturbing that takes place during this.

The new key is Auto Pilot Wingman. I think I assigned Ctrl_W to it.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.