Author Topic: has this happened to you?  (Read 1995 times)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Re: has this happened to you?
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2014, 03:22:36 PM »
Can you explain it simply VuduVee?
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2014, 03:25:04 PM »
ill try to use kindergarten text next time.

Thank you, that would be an improvement.

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2014, 03:29:33 PM »
Can you explain it simply VuduVee?
yep i can. i thought this guy knew the fight we were in.  i thought i gave him more than fair warning, considering his experience and the fact that he knows this fight well.  and also, the fact that he specifically told me , these guys are professional pickers, made me think he knew what they were up to and was ready for it. 

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2014, 03:30:43 PM »
Thank you, that would be an improvement.
haha, butthead

Offline Pepprr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2014, 03:33:43 PM »
except snide remarks like a catty woman.  

I had not yet entered the thread...but I am here now...  :old:

:D

~AoM~

SSACIFMTSHU 
My vids :)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk0db9fARH0

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2014, 03:34:00 PM »

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2014, 03:34:08 PM »
My suggestion to you would be to add "check your 6" or "watch him #NAME#" after you say "He's in".

Mainly due to he's in being ambiguous and without sense of urgency.

But that's just me :)
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2014, 03:36:55 PM »
HTC game rules, Section IX, paragraph 3 reads
A check 6 is a gift...

Refer people to that section when conflict arises.

Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2014, 03:46:33 PM »
Don't worry about it man. The only thing you have to watch for is them intentionally not check sixing you ( you shouldn't count on others in anycase).... it may not happen but many here are fickle little dicks
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 03:58:16 PM by SPKmes »

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2014, 03:57:25 PM »
I had not yet entered the thread...but I am here now...  :old:

:D
lol silly, on your cattiest day, i bet you still dont outcat some of these folks.

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2014, 04:03:27 PM »
Don't worry about it man. The only thing you have to watch for is them intentionally not check sixing you.... it may not happen but many here are fickle little dicks
yeah, im sure he will not chk 6 me from now on. thats ok though, bc i usually know to look back every few seconds and am usually aware that im screwed.

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2014, 04:10:11 PM »
My suggestion to you would be to add "check your 6" or "watch him #NAME#" after you say "He's in".

Mainly due to he's in being ambiguous and without sense of urgency.

But that's just me :)
yeah, i guess ill have to add all that in there too. but like i said, he knew that fight well. i figured he would know what i meant. everyone else knows exactly what i mean when i say that. especially in close quarters.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2014, 04:33:53 PM »
<snip>

Don't beat yourself up over it.  It's the other Rookie's fault that he was target fixated on the bandit in front of him that he was ignoring the bandit latching on his six.  Since he was well aware that there were two bandits and both of them using wingman tactics, he should have kept himself aware of the 2nd bandit's position while engaging the first.  His lack of SA is his fault and checking his six is his own responsibility.

There was a Knight a couple of weeks ago that got himself in a similar situation, cried that I didn't give him a check six when a bandit creeped up behind him, regardless of the fact that I was busy with my own fight.  After his rant, I made a quick modification to my .map file for my joysticks and made the check six macro repeat until I pressed the button again to stop it.  Went back in game and when I saw the Knight player taking off, I gave him a check 6, which spammed it until I stopped it a minute or so later.  Think he got the message.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2014, 04:49:05 PM »
Don't beat yourself up over it.  It's the other Rookie's fault that he was target fixated on the bandit in front of him that he was ignoring the bandit latching on his six.  Since he was well aware that there were two bandits and both of them using wingman tactics, he should have kept himself aware of the 2nd bandit's position while engaging the first.  His lack of SA is his fault and checking his six is his own responsibility.

There was a Knight a couple of weeks ago that got himself in a similar situation, cried that I didn't give him a check six when a bandit creeped up behind him, regardless of the fact that I was busy with my own fight.  After his rant, I made a quick modification to my .map file for my joysticks and made the check six macro repeat until I pressed the button again to stop it.  Went back in game and when I saw the Knight player taking off, I gave him a check 6, which spammed it until I stopped it a minute or so later.  Think he got the message.

ack-ack
i think youre spot on with everything you said.   and the macro bit is pretty damn funny, i might need o do that too.  :rock