Author Topic: What matters most... to you in Aces High  (Read 2487 times)

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: What matters most... to you in Aces High
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2014, 09:38:15 PM »
Pepprr admitted to book marking this link  :bolt:
Put some pants on you monkies  :)
Quote from: Latrobe
Do not run.
Face your opponent with all you have.
If you die you have something to learn.

Offline TylerMac

• Zinc Member
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2014, 09:08:14 AM »
Just flying and having a good time on squad VOX is a good night for me whether I get shredded in the air or manage to live for a little bit.  :cheers:
Card carrying member of Flak's Lawn Dart Club

***Alchemists***

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2014, 03:26:07 PM »
What matters most to me in Aces High are scenarios.  I've felt that those are the best part of online flying since 1992, when they started.

Scenarios throughout time:

http://electraforge.com/brooke/flightsims/scenarios/scenarios.html

Offline noobnite

• Zinc Member
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2014, 06:00:59 PM »
The most important thing....have fun, learn something about thegame every time I play, and to become involved in the community
Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2014, 07:19:46 PM »
Having fun, flying with and against a great bunch of people. Uh that means GVing also. :D
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2014, 07:38:33 PM »
Having fun, flying with and against a great bunch of people. Uh that means GVing also. :D
there's my aces high hero :aok :)
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2014, 08:32:01 PM »
What matters most to me in Aces High? Infuriating subknights and keeping my brethren alive.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Softail

• Copper Member
« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2014, 08:41:07 PM »
Taking Base V91 in Tank Town by myself....then grabbing a Wirb and shooting down all the bombers that show up 5 minutes later...LOL

:devil :neener:

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2014, 08:52:46 PM »
I like logging on, finding a good base to fly from and staying in the same plane as long as I can, I take off full of fuel and try to intercept whatever I can find, moving around the map from rearm pad to rearm pad!
Some days that works well, others,,not so much! It just seems more realistic to me to have to do it that way,, I'll assign myself a job, protect the strats or keep up a fighter sweep of a certain sector.
When I GV, I'm just looking for the best fight I can find, I don't care about the base captures or winning the war, I just want some good competition , it is nice to find a few players that are good enough to send me to the tower more than once,,I hate the GV drivers that have to go get ords and bomb a good GV fight or capture the base ruining it, so I try to not do that myself, if I get bombed to many times, I'll up a fighter and fly cap over the GV fight, looking for heavies coming in.,,   Just my 2 cents

On another note,, Salute to Nordman today,,   Darn fine shooting in your M-4, I don't run across many as good as you in it!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 09:42:17 PM by WWhiskey »
Flying since tour 71.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2014, 04:30:42 AM »
What matters most to me in Aces High are scenarios.  I've felt that those are the best part of online flying since 1992, when they started.

Scenarios throughout time:

http://electraforge.com/brooke/flightsims/scenarios/scenarios.html

Ya, gotta agree. Whether scenarios or just historically accurate missions when the History correct plane sets are used together its the most fun to me. To bad it happens so little.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: April 17, 2014, 04:32:35 AM »
I like logging on, finding a good base to fly from and staying in the same plane as long as I can, I take off full of fuel and try to intercept whatever I can find, moving around the map from rearm pad to rearm pad!
Some days that works well, others,,not so much! It just seems more realistic to me to have to do it that way,, I'll assign myself a job, protect the strats or keep up a fighter sweep of a certain sector.
When I GV, I'm just looking for the best fight I can find, I don't care about the base captures or winning the war, I just want some good competition , it is nice to find a few players that are good enough to send me to the tower more than once,,I hate the GV drivers that have to go get ords and bomb a good GV fight or capture the base ruining it, so I try to not do that myself, if I get bombed to many times, I'll up a fighter and fly cap over the GV fight, looking for heavies coming in.,,   Just my 2 cents

On another note,, Salute to Nordman today,,   Darn fine shooting in your M-4, I don't run across many as good as you in it!

I like this. Sounds an interesting way to present yourself with a challenge  :old:
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright