Author Topic: A Plea to Change the Zone Bases on the Map Tagma.  (Read 330 times)

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
A Plea to Change the Zone Bases on the Map Tagma.
« on: June 28, 2014, 02:30:54 PM »
First, before anyone breaks out the   :cry  icon on me, I'd like to make it clear that the topic I'm bringing up doesn't change my experience one bit.  I could care less about "winning deh mapz", but I do care about fare game play and decency.   

On the map Tagma (up currently at the time of this post), we're seeing more and more a certain few players switch sides and capture one of the two zone fields on islands in order to retreat their parent country's strats to the rear making them IMPOSSIBLE to otherwise hit with anything but high alt bombers.  The next day these players switch back and enjoy strats that are nearly always 100%.  The fields are A31 and A19 on the east, A92 and A98 to the south, and A171 and A165 to the NW.  The sad thing is these players fess up quickly when PM'ed, but they don't care.

At the time of this post, A92 was captured by the Rooks but is a Bitshop field. There isn't another Rook field around for 5 sectors, it is surrounded by red.  Obviously, the Bichops don't want it back since it makes things more challenging for them.

The easiest fix would be to remover these fields as zone bases.  Or, better yet remove the zone bases altogether and spread out the city and factories so that there is no worries about these players who kross over to do the cheap shot and then switch back to their parent country the next day.  I like option #2 better.  It eliminates the funnel.  I   
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
Re: A Plea to Change the Zone Bases on the Map Tagma.
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 03:02:18 PM »
First, before anyone breaks out the   :cry  icon on me, I'd like to make it clear that the topic I'm bringing up doesn't change my experience one bit.  I could care less about "winning deh mapz", but I do care about fare game play and decency.   

On the map Tagma (up currently at the time of this post), we're seeing more and more a certain few players switch sides and capture one of the two zone fields on islands in order to retreat their parent country's strats to the rear making them IMPOSSIBLE to otherwise hit with anything but high alt bombers.  The next day these players switch back and enjoy strats that are nearly always 100%.  The fields are A31 and A19 on the east, A92 and A98 to the south, and A171 and A165 to the NW.  The sad thing is these players fess up quickly when PM'ed, but they don't care.

At the time of this post, A92 was captured by the Rooks but is a Bitshop field. There isn't another Rook field around for 5 sectors, it is surrounded by red.  Obviously, the Bichops don't want it back since it makes things more challenging for them.

The easiest fix would be to remover these fields as zone bases.  Or, better yet remove the zone bases altogether and spread out the city and factories so that there is no worries about these players who kross over to do the cheap shot and then switch back to their parent country the next day.  I like option #2 better.  It eliminates the funnel.  I   

I like spreading out the factories idea.  My perspective of it, is you keep the strats as a whole (as they are now), but only give them 1/2 of value they represent. So, with my version, if you leveled the strats it would only be 50% additional downtime. The other 50% would be factories (like the factories of years ago) spread out that could be destroyed/level for the other half.   Then in addition to that, the factories that are spread out would have severe high AA defenses (with the possibility of having mannable guns there). So it isn't something that can be steamrolled easily.

+1 to this wish, having zone bases just neutralize combat, because they are bases you do NOT want to take or defend, so combat doesn't originate there.  I can see the reason why they were added because they would be thought of as vital combat areas. However, it turns out the opposite is true, instead of massive fights over the base to keep it. Everyone stays away from them so that they can keep their strats safe.   

Having my 50 clustered / 50 spread out idea, you can still touch the factories and enable downtimes across the board, without having to fly a loooong distance into enemy territory.  Yet, you can't completely cripple the enemy because the factories are spread out either. 
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline 2cap

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 08:55:50 AM »
I like spreading out the factories idea.  My perspective of it, is you keep the strats as a whole (as they are now), but only give them 1/2 of value they represent. So, with my version, if you leveled the strats it would only be 50% additional downtime. The other 50% would be factories (like the factories of years ago) spread out that could be destroyed/level for the other half.   Then in addition to that, the factories that are spread out would have severe high AA defenses (with the possibility of having mannable guns there). So it isn't something that can be steamrolled easily.

+1 to this wish, having zone bases just neutralize combat, because they are bases you do NOT want to take or defend, so combat doesn't originate there.  I can see the reason why they were added because they would be thought of as vital combat areas. However, it turns out the opposite is true, instead of massive fights over the base to keep it. Everyone stays away from them so that they can keep their strats safe.   

Having my 50 clustered / 50 spread out idea, you can still touch the factories and enable downtimes across the board, without having to fly a loooong distance into enemy territory.  Yet, you can't completely cripple the enemy because the factories are spread out either. 

I like this idea.. On large maps anyway.  But I would make the cluster of strats worth 75% and the single strats worth 25%.   Make the frontline single factories captureable, tied to two bases.  If you take both bases, you own
the factories adding the 25% value to your side.    This would make "vital combat areas".
+1 to the OP.
Icemaker: 325th Checkertails VFG

Offline Coalcat1

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 09:58:44 AM »
Yea, I've seen bish do this recently, but the other teams have done it (never seen the knights do it since we don't give a crap about our strats but I'm sure it's happened at one point or another ). It make activities like this possible, if you don't want your strats hit, kill the buffs attacking, or resupply afterwards. This kind of activity shows what kind of person you are for doing this. +1 to the OP. PS: when the bish zone base was taken, not sure if this was the case, they still suffered from long range 29 raids  :rofl

Offline tuba515

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 07:48:10 PM »
+1

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2014, 10:31:23 PM »
Yea, I've seen bish do this recently, but the other teams have done it (never seen the knights do it since we don't give a crap about our strats but I'm sure it's happened at one point or another ). It make activities like this possible, if you don't want your strats hit, kill the buffs attacking, or resupply afterwards. This kind of activity shows what kind of person you are for doing this. +1 to the OP. PS: when the bish zone base was taken, not sure if this was the case, they still suffered from long range 29 raids  :rofl

Which is good, ultimately.  But, when the strat complex retreats there is only 1 kind of mission that will effect the strats: a high alt bomber mission.  No more singleton jabo, no cruiser 8inguns, no dashing attack with Bostons or B26's, etc.  The high alt bomber mission is the only threat. 
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2014, 10:47:59 PM »
Which is good, ultimately.  But, when the strat complex retreats there is only 1 kind of mission that will effect the strats: a high alt bomber mission.  No more singleton jabo, no cruiser 8inguns, no dashing attack with Bostons or B26's, etc.  The high alt bomber mission is the only threat. 

And that's if they make it to the strats in one piece.
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend