Author Topic: Mass Disco's  (Read 654 times)

Offline NikonGuy

• Copper Member
Mass Disco's
« on: June 02, 2014, 02:53:34 AM »
Anyone else experiencing many disco's tonite?

I managed to get back on but couldn't change bases or couldn't get on squad channel .. gave up after 9 disco's over 2 hours.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 03:22:34 AM by NikonGuy »
You break 'em, I fix 'em.
RAAF Retired Aircraft Maintenance Technician, General Dynamics F111, Lockheed P3C, Douglas A20G & DB7

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
Re: Mass Disco's
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 04:06:18 AM »
I took it as a cue to go to bed...

Obviously this didn't exactly pan out that way.
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 11:07:57 AM »
 :lol

It was maybe 3am EST and I was dogfighting 3 v 1 against two 190's and a 109 and out of no where all three disappeared.

I went to say something to DrBone and he had disconnected also.

The arena went from 100 people to 56 people. But when that happened the 56 people were all pretty much in-flight, which is
really good as the ENY was 28 and it was impossible to get an aircraft that could match up against Spit16 and 109K dweebs.

I can only assume it attempted to disconnect those who were "afk" but then again
a lot of the people who disconnected weren't afk but were actually fighting.

EDIT
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 11:21:05 AM by GhostCDB »
Top Gun

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 11:14:30 AM »
as the ENY was 38 and it was impossible to get an aircraft that could match up against Spit16 and 109K dweebs.

maximum ENY limit in LW is 29 .... which still leaves you 109-G2 (and -F4) to fight Spit 16s.
And to get ENY that high your side must really have some substantial numbers....

:D
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 11:21:23 AM »
I meant 28  :old:
Top Gun

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 01:22:21 PM »
I get mass discos sometimes, it mostly has to do with what kind of internet rain dances ive performed.
See Rule #4

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 01:43:06 PM »

Oh... THAT kinda disco....  :bolt:
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2014, 04:25:55 PM »
:lol

It was maybe 3am EST and I was dogfighting 3 v 1 against two 190's and a 109 and out of no where all three disappeared.

I went to say something to DrBone and he had disconnected also.

The arena went from 100 people to 56 people. But when that happened the 56 people were all pretty much in-flight, which is
really good as the ENY was 28 and it was impossible to get an aircraft that could match up against Spit16 and 109K dweebs.

I can only assume it attempted to disconnect those who were "afk" but then again
a lot of the people who disconnected weren't afk but were actually fighting.

EDIT

And you would be assuming wrong. The game doesn't boot anyone other than those that have packet loss. Thats why "plug pullers" don't work. If the game "see's" too many lost packets it will drop your connection.

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2014, 05:08:15 PM »
My game was freezing for about 5 to 7 seconds at a time every 10 seconds earlier around this time. It lasted for about a minute and after I was plagued by low frame rate and studding issues. I assumed it was my computer getting hot but I guess this would be a better explanation.

Offline mike8318

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2014, 04:06:36 AM »
About twice a week I get the "Aces High has stopped working" message,and I have to reboot my pc. Didn't have that problem with my old Windows XP machine.
Don't try and outweird me.I get stranger things than you free in my breakfast cereal!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dKgjtBxyis&feature=youtu.be

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2014, 06:36:58 AM »
My game was freezing for about 5 to 7 seconds at a time every 10 seconds earlier around this time. It lasted for about a minute and after I was plagued by low frame rate and studding issues. I assumed it was my computer getting hot but I guess this would be a better explanation.

This behavior has nothing to do with disco's.  It is symptomatic of CPU overheating, or the CPU being taken away from running the game by another device or application.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com