Author Topic: Problem with Throttle  (Read 525 times)

Offline Kodiak

• Copper Member
Problem with Throttle
« on: June 11, 2014, 12:31:27 AM »
Not sure if this should be in the Tech Help section or here:

Is anyone else having trouble with throttle control lately.  I've got a Thrustmaster 16000 that is working perfectly in the 7 other online and offline flying games I play, but in the last 7 to 10 days my throttle suddenly cuts out very frequently in Aces High (like 15 or 20 times per sortie).  Anyone else experiencing anything like this?  Not sure what to do about it...I've calibrated it 2 or 3 times a night but nothing seems to work.  I'd assume my throttle is going bad but it still works in all other games perfectly.

Offline Xavier

• Copper Member
Re: Problem with Throttle
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 02:01:55 AM »
I'm using a Saitek X-52 pro and never had those issues. I'm guessing you already tried the in-game calibration. Are you using a specific game profile in the joystick?
Started from the bottom...still at the bottom.

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 06:29:05 AM »
By cutting out do you mean it stops working or the engine shuts down? If it's the latter, maybe you have the engine start up/shut down mis-mapped.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 06:51:05 AM »
It could be the USB bus resetting or getting into a low power situation and recycling.  This has nothing to do with the computer power supply.  The USB bus has a limit on how much power it can supply to all the devices connected to it.

Typically, there are two USB hubs in a computer, regardless of the number of USB sockets there are.  Try another USB socket and see if that helps.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Kodiak

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 10:02:21 AM »
By cutting out do you mean it stops working or the engine shuts down? If it's the latter, maybe you have the engine start up/shut down mis-mapped.

Hi BuckShot,

The engine drops to idle speed (its not shutting down).  I'll give Skuzzy's idea a try.

Thanks!

Offline Kodiak

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2014, 10:05:24 AM »
It could be the USB bus resetting or getting into a low power situation and recycling.  This has nothing to do with the computer power supply.  The USB bus has a limit on how much power it can supply to all the devices connected to it.

Typically, there are two USB hubs in a computer, regardless of the number of USB sockets there are.  Try another USB socket and see if that helps.

Thanks, Skuzzy.  I'll give this a try. :salute

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2014, 10:28:27 AM »
Hi BuckShot,

The engine drops to idle speed (its not shutting down).  I'll give Skuzzy's idea a try.

Thanks!

Try this.  When the situation occurs, bring up the clipboard and open the Options->Controls->Map Controllers panel.  Check the "Advanced" option.  Then select the throttle from the "Controller Input" list.  Take a look at the graphs in the "Advanced" panel.  If your throttle position on your stick is at full, the lines in the graph should be at the bottom.

If they are not, then the game got a reset from the USB bus.  If you move the throttle a little and it returns back to its original position, that would confirm the reset happened.

It can also be a software issue, if you have installed any type of stick manager software.

Just FYI.  The game does not have the ability to arbitrarily alter the throttle, or any other stick input.  The game will only act on what it is being fed from the input device.  In other words, we are always waiting for something from the input device.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2014, 06:53:45 PM »
never mind.

semp
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 06:56:05 PM by guncrasher »
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Kodiak

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2014, 02:33:05 PM »
With no other ideas on what was going on I bought another T16000 and the throttle on the new one works perfectly.  So it was my joystick all along.  Thanks for the help everyone :salute