Author Topic: WAHAAAAAAAAA !!!! F4U-1C RULES !!!  (Read 2283 times)

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
WAHAAAAAAAAA !!!! F4U-1C RULES !!!
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2000, 10:23:00 AM »
Its nice to know there are at least a couple of planes that B17 and B26 pilots have to worry about.

As for the stats with the F4u-1C... this is very simple to understand.  Look at what the number 2 plane is... the 190.  Both of these planes encourage the pilot to sneak up on the enemy, fire quickly, then run.  You always stay above them and always stay faster.  If you do not... you are dead.  The increase in F4u-1C stats is because all of the decent E fighters were flying them last night.  It is not because the plane is any better than the others... simply because it is new.  They will migrate back to their ride of choice over time.

However, some will actually learn that a fight isn't always diving in and turning until you kill something.  These people will realize that if a plane has weaknesses, you figure out ways around them.  They will decide to stay with the 1C.  As a result, you can no longer dismiss the F4u you see in a dogfight as harmless unless it pings you more than 5 times.

AKDejaVu

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2000, 11:51:00 AM »
The reason the F4U-1C is ripping it up is because all it takes is a snapshot opportunity - any opportunity will do - to lay in a burst into some target's flightpath, and - Viola! - you have a kill!

With four hispanos, as easy as cooking a hotdog ...

------------------
leonid
129 IAP VVS RKKA
ingame: Raz

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2000, 12:00:00 PM »
Oh, and by the way, you Hispano-Corsairo hosers ...

Stuff it!

note:Edited to include more razzing smilies.

------------------
leonid
129 IAP VVS RKKA

[This message has been edited by leonid (edited 01-25-2000).]
ingame: Raz

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2000, 12:57:00 PM »
Yep thats it.... thats definitely it.

Leonid has "Cannon Envy"  

------------------
Vermillion
**MOL**, Men of Leisure,
Dicta Verm: "Never give the suckers an even break!" or translated "Never engage without an advantage"

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2000, 08:32:00 PM »

Originally posted by leonid:
With four hispanos, as easy as cooking a hotdog ...

Ehm... aren't those cannons just the same as in P-38, M2 some.. at least something like that (doesn't look quite like "hispano" to me..)

Offline Jase

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2000, 08:54:00 PM »
Ya but how well does it turn?

------------------
+Jase
    Wonderfully Nomadic

Offline dolomite

• Zinc Member
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2000, 09:01:00 PM »
All you have to turn around is the fluttering confetti that once was an airplane...  

What it ain't:

A base defender. Forget it. As long as people won't HO you, you don't have a chance to climb to a fight after the first plunge.

What it is:

The best dang vultch machine in the game. No plane in AH has this much hitting power. One-second burst saws stuff off, period.

If you like to fly fast, hit hard, then fly off into the sunset, look no further. Mustangs will still be your bane, but as long as you have alt, you can dive away from anything else.

The Axis will have a hard time in an HA setup with this beast prowling around!

TT

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2000, 02:14:00 AM »
 UFO-1C

Offline blitz

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2000, 04:13:00 AM »
Killed 2 buffs + 1 fighter on first sortie with this beast without any dammage on the f4u 1c . It's hot and the gunsound's very sweet. :-)

blitz

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2000, 08:47:00 AM »
Ehm... aren't those cannons just the same as in P-38, M2 some.. at least something like that (doesn't look quite like "hispano" to me..)

I asked and they are the same guns as the spit IX is using.  M2 Hispano..

Dolomite...
Exactly..And so much ammo...
I took of from 23 last night..got a spit -20 rds..climbed to 18k took out a b26 -50 rds..
found another b26, as I approached from 4 ocklock high he stick stirred (or equivilent) and pulled of a luu luu of a warp. Suddenly I was on his 8 oclock low, pulled up to make a shot, stir stir..I was on his 3 oclock high...Lined up to shoot...by this time I had taken several Looong bursts at him, stir stir....I was on his 6 oclock high..I didnt even use the sight...just shot full burst from the Hip.....Boom....
No fighter in the game(maybe 205 but I would doubt it)would have had ammo left for the 70 round per gun burst that got him befor he could warp again...
I congradulated him on open channel on the quality of his warps, and he was very gracios about addmiting it. Pretty hard to man the guns and stick stir at the same time cause he never hit me ounce and I was just hanging in the air most of that time.
But then 15 min later he is on open channel accusing HT of warping....

------------------
Pongo