Author Topic: My ping plot  (Read 719 times)

Offline Rondar

• Nickel Member
My ping plot
« on: September 13, 2014, 11:00:54 PM »

I cant stay logged on for more than seconds to minutes.  I would appreciate any help I can get.  Thanks.  Oh, I'm not a computer geek, I can turn it on and off so will need someone to lead me around by the nose  :)  This is my ping plot
To understand true love, lock your dog and your wife in the trunk of your car for an hour and then see which one is glad to see you when you come back

Online Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: My ping plot
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 03:02:04 AM »
If this is a new thing, could this be any kind of a reason: http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,365935.msg4870604.html#msg4870604?

"Toto, I have a feeling we’re not in Kansas anymore" might be another reason, but since you should be able to check that by just looking out of your window that may be a little too far fetched?
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 06:53:41 AM »
You Ping Plotted to the incorrect IP address.

71.252.137.146 would be one of the valid IP addresses to ping.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Rondar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 09:27:59 AM »
Ok I used one of fugitive's addresses. And yes I am in Kansas.  Now, here is one from Sunday morning at about 8:25 my time using skuzzy's ip address.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 09:31:09 AM by Rondar »
To understand true love, lock your dog and your wife in the trunk of your car for an hour and then see which one is glad to see you when you come back

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 10:00:18 AM »
Skuzzy hasn't had a chance to update the page yet I guess

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,68316.0.html

You should let it run longer. 10 samples isn't really much to go on. Also "Level3" address is never a good sign as per Skuzzy they over sell the bandwidth an so you can run into issues at those hops.

The recent solar flare Im sure is playing havoc with communications as well.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 10:02:40 AM by The Fugitive »

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2014, 05:00:46 PM »
Well, there is a "DOH!" moment.  All this time we had the wrong IP address in that link.  Fixed.  My bad.

Level3 in your path is never a good sign to start with, but as has been stated, the recent solar storm is causing comms issues with one half of the planet (the side facing the storm when it made contact).
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Rondar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2014, 08:58:50 PM »
Here is one of 240 samples.  I did it right after I got disco'd  twice in a minute in a field gun.    Is there a way to go around those things (network 3)  or am I stuck with it.  Are there any alternatives to this like using phone (Verizon) for internet service or is this not even possible?  Just looking for a way to play this game.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2014, 09:56:29 PM »
No there is no switching unless you try another service provider, but there isn't any guaranty that will help as the routes rented out and you may run into the same hops along the way.

If your lucky it may settle down in a couple of days. If it doesn't contact your ISP and try to get to the second tier of help service. First tier is good for asking if your modem is plugged in and your computer turned on, not much else.