Author Topic: Pleasantly Surprised by Windows 8.1  (Read 1066 times)

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Pleasantly Surprised by Windows 8.1
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2014, 11:37:12 AM »

Lol

What do you think windows 9 will be like
I just read some speculations about it. First there'll be 8.2, though. In both cases the trend seems to go back to a real Windows experience especially when used on a PC.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2014, 12:08:41 PM »
I like how the Windows 8 DVD flies through the air.  Tricky bugger to hit with a skeet gun, but practice makes perfect. :)

Maybe that's why Win8 is delivered as a download  :bolt:
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2014, 12:37:13 PM »
Maybe that's why Win8 is delivered as a download  :bolt:

You can get it either way.

Microsoft has been rumbling about a next version of the operating system being available as a rent-only piece of software.  You have to pay monthly in order to boot your computer for that month.  Sounds like a solid deal to me. hehe.

They have been avoiding answering questions about it, so at this point it is unconfirmed rumor.  They were probably testing the reacion to such a plan when they leaked that tidbit a few months ago.  Might explain why they are not talking about it anymore.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2014, 12:55:00 PM »
You can get it either way.

Microsoft has been rumbling about a next version of the operating system being available as a rent-only piece of software.  You have to pay monthly in order to boot your computer for that month.  Sounds like a solid deal to me. hehe.

They have been avoiding answering questions about it, so at this point it is unconfirmed rumor.  They were probably testing the reacion to such a plan when they leaked that tidbit a few months ago.  Might explain why they are not talking about it anymore.

There's all sorts of nonsense going on like about a year ago they were starting to advertise 'cloud accounts' for people. They were claiming that with a fios line all you need is a thin client and you get a smooth user experience from the mainframe. Some vendors are even experimenting on cloud gaming.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2014, 03:50:35 PM »
Might explain why they are not talking about it anymore.
A local expert recently said something similar about the vulnerability of XP. Everyone capable of reading newspapers knows it's more or less vulnerable, but due to the publicity the hackers lost interest about it.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni