Author Topic: Game commercials?  (Read 580 times)

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
Game commercials?
« on: September 25, 2014, 09:45:53 AM »
I originally found aces high by watching TV in 2010. 

Since then I have not seen a single advertisement for the game on TV or anywhere else for that matter.  I do care about the game and would like to see the player numbers increase.

I would be willing to make a small donation to buy some advertising in order to increase the player numbers and I'm sure that I'm not the only one.

Has anything like this ever been done before?
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Game commercials?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 09:54:08 AM »
In my opinion, any advertising drive would only make sense after the new graphics engine has been rolled out. In the current state, not so much.
And nobody of us knows what HTC has actually planned for that time. At least I do not  :old:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 10:31:18 AM »
When is the new Graphics engine being released?

I've been absent for 2 years but I expect to motivate myself into ordering a new gaming computer tomorrow.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 10:36:23 AM »
When is the new Graphics engine being released?

I've been absent for 2 years but I expect to motivate myself into ordering a new gaming computer tomorrow.

2 weeks.  :noid

Nobody knows for sure. They are in alpha testing now. Beta testing then the roll out is how it usually works.

Offline wpeters

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 10:51:29 AM »
In my opinion, any advertising drive would only make sense after the new graphics engine has been rolled out. In the current state, not so much.
And nobody of us knows what HTC has actually planned for that time. At least I do not  :old:

I emailed them a couple weeks ago about the same question.  Htc said that they have something planned after the game update. 
  I agree that that makes the most sense.

But I am curious how soon beta testing will begin!
LtCondor
          The Damned
Fighter pilots are either high, or in the process of getting high.🙊
The difference between Dweebs and non dweebs... Dweebs have kills

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2014, 11:21:49 AM »

2 weeks.  :noid

Ya two weeks.  I did a search on the internet to confirm that.. . . . .:airplane:

Offline Chugamug

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2014, 09:51:15 AM »
Did you say Advertising Drive? I have some other ideas for the same type of sticker that I'm working on. I start a thread with a few proofs when they're finished
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 09:58:36 AM by Chugamug »

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2014, 10:22:59 AM »
That's a great idea! If HTC buys me a car, they can place their stickers on it, for free!  :old:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline -Fringe-

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2014, 10:58:38 AM »
When they combine the update with exposure, they'll get a great response
Shaken, not stirred.  You Jelly?

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2014, 11:11:56 AM »
When they combine the update with exposure, they'll get a great response

You honestly think they will do the commercials? I would think it would be player created just like the: skins, maps, scenarios, etc
Top Gun

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2014, 11:28:53 AM »
You honestly think they will do the commercials? I would think it would be player created just like the: skins, maps, scenarios, etc

Dolby was working on a commercial.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline -Fringe-

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2014, 11:36:32 AM »

I am not privy to their marketing objectives or strategy but they already have a commercial in-hand.  Smart money says they use it with graphics changes that represent the current state of the game graphically.

Players, with all due respect are great with the tools their are provided by HiTech.  I highly doubt any of us are commercial graphic production experts on the cutting edge of commercial graphics.  So no, if I ran a business that was about to embark on re-launch of sorts, I wouldn't leave that granular detail to non-pros. 
Shaken, not stirred.  You Jelly?

Offline Fish42

• AvA Staff Member
  • Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2014, 12:09:18 PM »
They need to splurge a bit on the Ads when they have the eye candy ready. I also hope they get a marketing team to make them. The preview ad they posted not long ago on these forums was... to put it kindly... bad.

The older AH Ads, while not bad at the time, now feel old.

Here is the newest Ad I could find on youtube : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFzTsJtRUx4

And here is what the competition are using to snag people :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BWqTXoNjtQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgP9tI1c7g

Also, I hope that HTC looks into renaming the next version Aces High 3. There is a reason for this. People who played Aces years ago will return to look at the "new" game and it would provide a way to filter out the much older and poorer search results. The last thing you want after spending all this time on the new engine, is for someone to google Aces High and see screenshots from 3-4 years ago.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2014, 07:35:07 PM »
I really, truly, hope that they get some ads up soon after the update with player contributed video.  I want this game to grow and thrive for a long long time.  Best community online IMO.  

Edit: Not to mention I met the staff at the Dallas con and a truly great bunch of folks.  Very down to earth and pleasant to be around.
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute