Author Topic: Dialed the graphics up but alphanumerics are difficult to read.  (Read 696 times)

Offline BLKBaron

• Zinc Member
Dialed the graphics up but alphanumerics are difficult to read.
« on: February 16, 2015, 01:43:42 PM »
I upgraded to a much more capable rig not too long ago. I have been able to dial the graphics almost all the way up and still retain 60 FPS in the MA. It's exactly what I wanted and it looks beautiful.

My problem is that when I am in the plane, say a D-11, I can't read which fuel tank I am leaching from. The numbers are choppy; similar with the clipboard map when I have it shrunk down (I stow it when enemy is nearby). Everything else is clear and detailed except that.

I have relegated to my graphics card that it should allow the program to make the decisions and then I adjust from within AH.

I have read the forum posts and did some research but I don't know what is causing this.

Can anyone shine some light on this for me?
No. 111 Black Arrows

"Ik bun Vulgaris Magistralis"

Striking laughter into the hearts of my enemies.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
Re: Dialed the graphics up but alphanumerics are difficult to read.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 01:53:33 PM »
What texture size are you running?  I use 1024 on a 1920 x 1080 monitor and things look pretty detailed. 
Do you have the Hi-Res textures installed?

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline BLKBaron

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 02:16:27 PM »
I'm playing on a 16:9 ratio television rather than a monitor. I think it's either a 27" or 32".

No. 111 Black Arrows

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2015, 02:17:33 PM »
if your computer can handle it download the Hi res pack

http://downloads.hitechcreations.com/AHHIRES2320.EXE

this enables you to select 2048 or higher in video settings.   With AA turned on you should be able to read everything.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2015, 02:21:45 PM »
It would be helpful to know more about your PC and video card. Your monitor size is not really important, do you know the resolution? You should see it on the Aces High video settings screen. That's also where you set the texture size. Note that your video card has to be able to handle the texture size you select which is why I'm asking about your PC hardware.

Offline BLKBaron

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2015, 03:10:31 PM »
I have an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti, resolution is defaulted at 1248x742, Max Texture size is 1024, and AA is none.

I downloaded the highres pack and installed it but how do I know if it's applied and it's working?
No. 111 Black Arrows

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2015, 03:17:57 PM »
I think the issue you're seeing is from the low resolution of your television. You can try setting AA to see if that helps. You may need to connect to a monitor with higher resolution to fix the problem. The higher resolution textures may not show any difference at your low resolution. For a quick fix to see the fuel state use zoom.

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2015, 11:05:49 PM »
I think the issue you're seeing is from the low resolution of your television. You can try setting AA to see if that helps. You may need to connect to a monitor with higher resolution to fix the problem. The higher resolution textures may not show any difference at your low resolution. For a quick fix to see the fuel state use zoom.

That's the cure all right there. Think a lot of players use the elf eyes feature.
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2015, 06:17:57 AM »
I use a FOV setting of 98-100.  The setting is in the "Video Settings" on the opening screen. 

Not only will your gauges be sharper, targets are easier to see and shoot.

You may want to adjust your head position when changing the FOV.

I try to find a nice balance between a wide FOV, good gauge-target view and good head position in relation to the canopy frames.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2015, 09:26:30 AM »

I downloaded the highres pack and installed it but how do I know if it's applied and it's working?

you will have the option to select >1024 texture resolution in video settings.   
The Few ***
F.P.H