Author Topic: Current Player Count app. 300  (Read 629 times)

Offline Phoenix3107

• Copper Member
Current Player Count app. 300
« on: March 23, 2015, 08:08:27 PM »
Just checked the lobby player count in the LW, and it's reached its halfway marker of 300 players. Impressive, seeing as how the normal count is around 50-150 people, but given that it's spring break week, its a good point in time for few newcomers to check it out. :aok
GameID:Phoenix

Also can be found under my DA name
"Lonewolf32097" at www.deviantart.com.

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
Re: Current Player Count app. 300
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 08:35:42 PM »
I've seen it in the 400 player area a few times in recent weeks.  I for one can't wait for the return to the 5 to 600 player nights, like back on the old Titanic Tuesday.  So many of the issues and problems many have complained about seem to vanish when there is a crowd to fight, just my opinion on that.  I do know it's a blast having a huge arena crowed, big time.

I'm certain that the new version, come what may, will bring in those numbers, at first from mostly returning members who will want to see what the fuss is all about, or from word of mouth, and then, hopefully, a swath of new members (I personally hope HTC has a plan to steal them from War Blunder, and it's my honest hope they will figure out a way to keep them).  Remember that the whole "arena split" days of orange and blue (I began to hate those colors) wasn't all that long ago - I would bet they'll be back in force when that "download beta" button appears. 

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 08:51:44 PM »
Orange and Blue, we thought we had problems then.  :D

Offline Phoenix3107

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 09:20:17 PM »
I do think that when the beta is released, many people can see how much of a change AH went through. However, I don't believe that will last in the long run. Newer graphics and feats may be just for eyecandy, but if the game is to really reel them in, there has to be some major changes with the game itself, practically speaking towards the arena settings before logging on.

(If you want to know what I mean by major changes, heres a hint:

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,370637.0.html)
GameID:Phoenix

Also can be found under my DA name
"Lonewolf32097" at www.deviantart.com.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 01:27:45 AM »
Orange and Blue, we thought we had problems then.  :D

I still remember the complaints about not being able to get into Orange. lol
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline JVboob

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 04:09:00 AM »
all your squaddies in orange and your stuck in blue lol then tuesday came around  :x   Early war and AvA even had some crowds back in the day
"Sighhhhhhhhhh, office closed do to ice for a day, And I miss a thread like this.."HiTech
Armed N Hammered 2002-2003
JG44 Night Hawks/JV44 Butcher Birds 2003-2009
49th Fighter Group fightn' 49ers Feb2012-present
138th FW Tulsa, OK 2009-2015

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2015, 08:45:25 AM »
To clarify,  I meant that I hoped the player numbers would be back in force circa the Orange/Blue arena days, NOT that the arena split would return or be back in force.  Wasn't a big fan, but I'd take it if it meant getting just one "Titanic Tuesday" a week of 600ish or more players, as the fun to be had during that day was great IMO, and would be even greater on a non-Pizza map in the future.

Offline Hetzer7

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2015, 09:05:57 AM »
yea but 100 of those are shade accounts :P

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2015, 01:25:06 PM »
I remember the endless logging in and out hoping to catch a empty arena seat  :x

Oh and also making fun of FBBob everytime he disco'd and had to wait to get back in :D
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2015, 01:28:36 PM »
Yeah.. Once you get 600 players on a map... You won't be having any trouble finding action, that is for sure. Once this game gets the # of players it needs, it makes the map seem not so big anymore.

All hope and faith from me going into this new version.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion