Author Topic: 37,573 lbs?  (Read 1527 times)

Offline FBKampfer

• Nickel Member
Re: 37,573 lbs?
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2015, 01:09:32 PM »
I've noticed that the ones saying there are other options, or that it's part of the game, are usually those that enjoy that portion of the game above the others, or members of large squad's that can marshal the effort to make the effects of a destroyed HQ effectively nil.

It seems to me that listening to these player's machinations is akin to rule of the minority being imposed on the majority.
AvA Development Group
Freebird SAC member

Great men are forged in fire; it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flames.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2015, 07:33:00 AM »
The dar being taken out by a single player is ridiculous.
This....

No action from a single player should have this level of effect on 1/3 (roughly) of the players in a GAME!!!  vhackv, I have a real life unlike some others who can play this game for 100 hours a month.  I don't want to spend half of my game play resupplying HQ so ONE player can come back and knock it out, or bail when I try to intercept. 
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2015, 08:09:48 AM »
It's sad that some people play this game to do nothing more than piss off other people. If they were doing to "play the game" once the HQ was dropped there would be massive and multiple attacks along the front, but there never is.

What's even more sad, they are allowed to continue this type of play by the owners even as we watch more and more players leave the game.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2015, 09:16:23 AM »
The only thing that I truly dislike about a dropped HQ is that it annoys so many of my friends I play Aces High with.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Helm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2015, 12:52:45 PM »
Well....since it takes so little resources to destroy HQ .....it also takes little resources to defend it ......also due to decreased player numbers putting together a "massive" raid would be hard to do....if not impossible to get that many players together.

Consider something else .....during much of the day ...and much of the late night (in my time zone) ....there is less then 125 total players .....playing in these off hours can be dull to say the least  ....by making HQ destruction more difficult you would make it impossible for those of us who fly in these "odd" hours to destroy HQ ...which can be fun,  when things are dull .....why would you wish to discriminate against those of us who fly at these times?  ...why are you the only players who get the right to destroy HQ?? ...you guys are damn selfish ....the whole game does NOT revolve around "peak" time players ...those of us who keep "The Doors open" in Odd hours deserve to have to have fun to have too

Helm ...out
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 12:55:17 PM by Helm »
XO of ^"^Nazgul^"^
Proudly serving since campaign #13
"No Rain?" ...."No Rainbow, baby!" ....Bootsey Collins 2009

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2015, 01:47:19 PM »
.....playing in these off hours can be dull to say the least  ....by making HQ destruction more difficult you would make it impossible for those of us who fly in these "odd" hours to destroy HQ ...which can be fun,  when things are dull .....

Which actuall makes things more dull for a huge part of the remaining population, as you hardly can get HQ resupplied in most cases when you have like 10 active players on your side total.
And at a time when there are mostly just single high alt buff formations flying around (no "look for the battle!"), no HQ basically kills the game for many people.

At peak times you may have enough players to defend (in case it's even possible, which very often is not) and to resupply HQ. This 'balance' is totally off during low hours.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Helm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2015, 02:13:56 PM »
Which actuall makes things more dull for a huge part of the remaining population, as you hardly can get HQ resupplied in most cases when you have like 10 active players on your side total.
And at a time when there are mostly just single high alt buff formations flying around (no "look for the battle!"), no HQ basically kills the game for many people.

At peak times you may have enough players to defend (in case it's even possible, which very often is not) and to resupply HQ. This 'balance' is totally off during low hours.

I totally disagree.  It's ok to do it when you are on playing?,  but for the rest of us were are not allowed to do it??? ....rubbish!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 02:20:01 PM by Helm »
XO of ^"^Nazgul^"^
Proudly serving since campaign #13
"No Rain?" ...."No Rainbow, baby!" ....Bootsey Collins 2009

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2015, 04:18:38 PM »
I totally disagree.  It's ok to do it when you are on playing?,  but for the rest of us were are not allowed to do it??? ....rubbish!

Why are you taking out HQ? If things are already boring due to lack of fights/interest, how is dropping HQ helping other than being "fun" for you I mean.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2015, 04:28:08 PM »

Where did I say ANYTHING like that?
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline JohnnyHeelz

• Zinc Member
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2015, 05:48:54 PM »
You didn't, he is trottel.