Author Topic: Re-supp CV Group  (Read 335 times)

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
Re-supp CV Group
« on: June 04, 2015, 03:07:37 PM »
 :airplane: At present in the game, we can re-sup about anything which can be destroyed, except the carrier or cruiser in CV fleets! Why not? I think it would add another element to a great game and don't see a "down" side to re-supping a carrier or cruiser.
You should be able to do it with a C-47 or LVT or even a PT boat!
What do you guys think??
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
Re: Re-supp CV Group
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 03:30:06 PM »
What are u going to resup on the boat?
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 03:50:20 PM »
CV's either went to port for a massive time delayed replenishment or, were visited by a fuel ship and an ammo, AVfuel and stores ship. It took time and left the CV group vulnerable. Don't forget the Icecream ship.

When you break it down like that, you are asking for player resupply of what specifically? The aviation fuel on a CV is never diminished nor ords or troops. Damage does not impede flight operations. The fire seems mostly there as a beacon for enemy aircraft, and does go away over some very long rebuild time if left alone. 
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 04:08:10 PM »
CV's either went to port for a massive time delayed replenishment or, were visited by a fuel ship and an ammo, AVfuel and stores ship. It took time and left the CV group vulnerable. Don't forget the Icecream ship.

When you break it down like that, you are asking for player resupply of what specifically? The aviation fuel on a CV is never diminished nor ords or troops. Damage does not impede flight operations. The fire seems mostly there as a beacon for enemy aircraft, and does go away over some very long rebuild time if left alone.

All true, Bustr; however, you can't exactly claim that the AH base resupply mechanics is "realistic", and underway replenishment/refueling was not unheard of in WWII (and is standard USN practice, today). On the other hand, I probably have to agree in general that such an option takes us even farther from reality than we are today. Since the ships tend to repair themselves to some extent by themselves, I don't really see much added to the game by finding artificial ways to speed this up.
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 04:17:07 PM »
Damage last half the downtime if I'm not totally wrong so that's means that a CV heals in 5 Min's (that's prob why they can be hit repeatedly w/o sinking sometimes) So it would be practically impossible to resup it.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2015, 04:43:03 PM »
I suspect Hitech would have to rewrite the rebuild function for strat like objects which the CV acts like one. Since we don't loose fighter hangers, fuel, ord or troops. And in real life when your CV got hit, it left the battle as soon as feasibly possible for a repair depot. Our CV in it's own simple way is functioning like real life, even better than real life, since the deck stays open for air operations until the ship is sunk.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2015, 04:48:35 PM »
Resupply autoguns, manned guns, and radar, on the cv just like the airfields and vehicle fields.
I would leave the sunken ships rebuild times alone (ie. the cruiser). At airfields
the hangars are down for 15 min. That does not change when supplies are delivered
so leave the ships at the current setting.

:aok +1

I can imagine those sneaky C-47's trying to re-supp the cv  already. :)
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline Interceptor

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2015, 05:43:49 PM »
C-47s dropping "hull" on a cv or a LVT carrying whole turrets ? :rolleyes:

Err... -1

:airplane: At present in the game, we can re-sup about anything which can be destroyed, except the carrier or cruiser in CV fleets! Why not? I think it would add another element to a great game and don't see a "down" side to re-supping a carrier or cruiser.
You should be able to do it with a C-47 or LVT or even a PT boat!
What do you guys think??

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2015, 02:18:52 PM »
C-47s dropping "hull" on a cv or a LVT carrying whole turrets ? :rolleyes:

Err... -1

Don't see such a huge problem with this idea, just needs a little more work.  After all, we already have 1 tiny box of supplies that could not only FULLY replenish ALL ammunition in your tank, but also fully repair your engine, turret and both tracks at the same time.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2015, 02:27:50 PM »
C-47s dropping "hull" on a cv

Hull damage on a CV already repairs itself much faster than any goon could ever resupply it ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman