Author Topic: Busted Warthog!  (Read 1011 times)

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
Busted Warthog!
« on: August 30, 2015, 11:19:27 AM »
I finally got time to take apart my thrustmaster warthog......It looks extremely well built; except for the two springs for the trigger. Apparently I broke one of the springs. Is there anyway I can order another or can I just buy the spring somewhere else?

Thanks.
JG 52

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Busted Warthog!
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 02:34:17 PM »
Any chance a ball point pen spring could be salvaged? Just a wild guess, but then again, I've created stranger things using them...
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 03:07:08 PM »
Thrustmaster have a support page, give it a try.
also I found an old page for replacement parts of the cougar, I do not know if the spring is the same, but it would not surprise me.
http://cougar.flyfoxy.com/warranty_parts.php
I have a cougar serial # if you need one.
<S>!

My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 05:47:31 AM »
You might get lucky and find something like it at Lowes or home depot or a good hardware store.  Look for the hardware area with the the big,wide, flat slide out drawers.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 08:37:32 AM »
Yeah....think I am going to pass on fixing it check this out:

Regarding your Hotas Warthog.

We thank you for your reply.

We can have the springs for the trigger button (supplied only in set) shipped to you. The price of them is 26 euro, shipping fees included (available only through our European warehouse).
details:

1. Your complete name.

2. Your full postal address.

3. A phone number where you can be reached.

We are looking forward to your answer.

Thrustmaster Technical Support is at your disposal for any other information you may need. You can reach us online at the following addresses:

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng for the latest updates and FAQs

or by telephone at one of the numbers listed on the following page: http://ts.Thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=contact

$30 for a pair of half inch springs?
JG 52

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2015, 10:14:24 AM »
I really like my Warthog, but the customer support and service from Thrustmaster has been a real disappointment. I wouldn't spend $30 on a couple of springs either.
I would start looking around at springs in hardware stores. Like Randy1 mentions
You might get lucky and find something like it at Lowes or home depot or a good hardware store.  Look for the hardware area with the the big,wide, flat slide out drawers.
If you find one that works. It would be much appreciated if you let the rest of us Warthog owners know what it is and where you found it.

:salute
Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2015, 10:30:09 AM »
I've had my Cougar apart, I'm assuming the Warthog is similar. All you need is a compression spring that fits the space. Like Bizman  my first thought was ballpoint pen spring.