Author Topic: 190-d  (Read 1248 times)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
190-d
« on: December 24, 2015, 01:12:14 AM »
Ok, any 190 -d aficionados out there, question. I have noticed a trend when I fly this 190, I tend to black out completely in a hard turn, usually any sort of nose down turn at least. I fly spits, ponys and F-4s and they too get fast in a dive, so what is the reason for extreme black outs in the 190? I am trying to like this bird but cant figure out why it is so much black out prone.It is, as I understand it, an inferior turner compared to the other ride mentioned so hard to see that it can generate higher Gs? Or is it an historical attribute modeled in the game?
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: 190-d
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2015, 03:36:20 AM »
You can avoid blackouts in the FW190D by easing your pull on the stick. Blackout's occur at the same g load for every aircraft in AH. The difference is the speed required to pull 6 gs.  The Spitfire for example needs less speed for 6 g than the FW190.

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2015, 03:47:26 AM »
1stpar3,
The 190D is just that much faster then the other rides you mentioned. While it produces less max G at a given speed than a spit, it just tends to be faster than the spit and is thus able to pull more G.

In such high power and fast planes you have to manage speed and throttle more carefully. Over speeding is almost as bad as getting low&slow in these planes.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2015, 09:25:03 AM »
Here is a link with interesting info and reports on many WWII aircraft types.

http://www.wwiiaircraftperformance.org/

Merry Christmas all.

RTR
The Damned

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2015, 11:47:04 AM »
You can avoid blackouts in the FW190D by easing your pull on the stick. Blackout's occur at the same g load for every aircraft in AH. The difference is the speed required to pull 6 gs.  The Spitfire for example needs less speed for 6 g than the FW190.

All the 190's are g limited below about 250,at that speed a spit,any spit can pull to blackout! At 225 mph the 190 can only pull about 2.5 G's before it stalls a wing.

Watch your speed and try not to turn nose down if you are above corner speed.  Corner speed is the lowest speed you can still pull max G's.

Hope that helps and have a a happy holidays!

:salute

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2015, 02:31:45 AM »
Not sure, but are you guys talking about the backing out to tunnel vision? I am talking about black out, passed out for 12 seconds or so, and auger. That's why I am confused. I fly this 190 pretty much the same as a spit (I know , im doing it wrong) and if a spit can pull way more gs, why do I not pass out in the spit like I do in 190?
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2015, 10:08:17 AM »
stpar,

Offensively,

Stay fast. Anytime you are under 10K stay minimal 360 to 450. It's best to approach fights from 14K about.

190Ds require throttle and spiral dive techniques to keep speed around 360-400 when approaching a kill. Don't get slow in furballs especially when other high cons are around. You have to use the planes ability to gain E very easily against opponents. That means quick rolls and steady climbs. Use the roll rate to get the angle and use elevator change directions to mix up your opponents. When fighting in 190Ds you want to drain the other persons speed and alt and use high large loops to get angles and make shots.

When you are approaching your target use rudder and roll rate to lead for a shot position. Do not follow them completely in the nose down turn.

If they nose down and dive away or you overshoot, pull up into a high loop or level out depending on if other cons are near you. Watch your 6.

If you are aggressive, pull into a high loop and dive back in with half throttle.

If you over shoot or get the kill, use your speed to gain distance away from the rest of the cons and begin to get your alt back.

Think high long loops and quick rolls to change direction.

Defensively. You really have to use the planes ability to gain E to rope opponents. This is a skill that takes time and practice to learn.

If planes are diving on you, do a nose down turn to avoid them of a clear shot. Go level and go the opposite direction of them.

fI the are closing in on you not very quickly. Use the scissors and quick rolls to drain people's E/speed and then use high looping yoyos to pull around on planes that dont have the E to loop with you. Its all about how smooth you can pull the maneuver.

190s do not like being in the defensive, so its not really the best planes to roll when you are trying to defend a base with a bunch of cons on top of you.

To avoid the black outs, cut throttle a bit,  Learn spiral dive techniques. Use your rudder and roll rate to get a lead shot and press for the shot. If it is too steep of a shot, level out and do a high loop over your opponent.

:salute

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2015, 11:02:07 AM »
All true. At the master level the Dora and A5 are pretty dangerous stall fighters. They won't turn with a Spit, but don't need to.

Boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2015, 11:51:29 PM »
Thanks a lot guys. All the problems were addressed nicely. I do tend to push an attack well beyond the point of no return lol. I have caught myself in a habit I guess, way too much trying to pull lead instead of using more a lag type fight. Which was why I said I was more than likely flying it wrong lol. Tending more to a lag type of pursuit would fix a lot of problems,less pull and more than snap shots for 2! Thanks again guys

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2015, 11:31:27 AM »
  Record your flight.  You can stop just before or during the blackout, and check your speed and how many g's you were pulling.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2015, 01:48:05 AM »
Wow Mongoose!! How did I not think of that, seriously!! I record everything and never even thought about that. :bhead I usually watch the films in fixed mode to watch timing of turns and flight path information I should pay attention to! Thanks for the idea!!!

Bw1stpar
XO Black Widows