Author Topic: 56K not working with AH  (Read 1159 times)

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
Re: 56K not working with AH
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2015, 01:45:24 PM »
This is going to sound odd, but try reducing the connection speed of the modem to 33.6K, or 28.8K.  There should be a control panel/dialog in Windows for that.

I've had to do that a few years ago.  My game ping was like 250, but the variance in delay was very stable. 
Never had any issues with warping or lost connections after that.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2015, 09:26:07 AM »
I used to be 56k and my 150 ping was far more stable than my 60 ping on TWC. There was a lot less variance on dial up believe it or not. Turning down the transmit and receive buffers actually helped stabilize my cable connect some.

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2015, 08:28:42 PM »
Still persists. I read the problem in hops 8 and 9. But I have no info as to where/who they are. Or am I missing something? or several somethings?
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2015, 08:41:04 PM »
You should be able to write a modem string that disables any sort of "compression".

It's possible that one of the hops in your route goes through hardware that chokes on a certain type of compression algorithm.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2015, 06:34:34 AM »
Still persists. I read the problem in hops 8 and 9. But I have no info as to where/who they are. Or am I missing something? or several somethings?

That Ping Plot looks fine.  Pings are a little higher than we would like, but the variance is pretty good.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2015, 01:09:17 PM »
Will work the problem more from my end. Appreciate all the help so far. Will report success or failure.
Found out we had loss of service and repair on phone line when I was out of town. Problem was there when I got home. The sudden increase in ping time from the first hop should have been an indicator. Wife does good to handle things in my absence. Telling me every thing - not so much.
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2015, 05:42:02 PM »
Whats your phone sound like? That almost looks like a line noise issue . When i had 56K i would hook a laptop direct to the telco's network interface box which should be hanging on the house somewhere. That can help determine if it's something inside the house or if you got a crap line to the telco.  The telco's haven't been the best about line maintenance with all the wireless tech out there , they see it as a waste of money to keep up.