Author Topic: Challanges like "Yamamoto's despair"  (Read 206 times)

Offline 49Dallas

• Copper Member
Challanges like "Yamamoto's despair"
« on: December 23, 2015, 02:09:37 PM »
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,376559.0.html

In AH3 we should have "challanges" sort of like preset missions that you can do and earn perks for doing them. If you're successful you get bonus perks. The way it works if you would have a "challange" tab next to the "mission" tab on your clipboard. To activate a challenge you could have requirements, Like a set number of players to start the mission. For example "Yamamoto's despair" could have the requirement for two g4m, and six a6m5b. The objective would be to land at another base(Can you code that? Also the bases will have to be different for every mission) When you launch, Pilots will be notified in the chat system and they will have to shoot you down, They will get bonus perks if they fly the 38j. I want to add that you wouldn't get perks simply for joing up. You would get perks for finishing the mission and anything you acquired while on the mission(kills,ect.)

This would be pretty difficult to code, I can imagine, But how much would it add to the game? Think about missions to bomb the Bismark(Or the entire fight)(We would need sordfish bombers hint hint), Bomb the Rhineland, Take "pictures" in an unarmed mossy of other countries strats or city for perks,  You could do it on a system where missions can only be launched once per hour, Or you could have like one, Or a few missions per day.

People would be responsible in game to meet up just like regular missions. For things like bombing the Bismark you could have CVs spawn? Or code a CV group/battleship/whatever on the edge of the map and have it "teleport"(Not sure of you can do that) to X sector for the mission? I'm not sure exactly how it would work but I believe this would be a huge attraction for this game. This would have to be something for AH3.

Does this sound familiar? I just had that same thought, It sounds like FSO. Historical missions in the main area, In addition to the furballing and base taking would ensure that everyone has something to do. All the people that ONLY fly FSO would start playing in the MA. I believe this addition would be a major feature in securing the future of this game.

I know this is probably a bad idea and not well thought out. I only spent 20 minutes thinking and typing this out. I think it would be a good idea to flesh out and see if it's viable or not. It's defiantly an idea worth trying. If anyone's interested I'd like to do some missions like this in the MA. We get some guys together and do "Yamamoto's despair". As soon as we up we'll announce what we're doing and where we're going, And nicely ask people fly 38js when they try to kill us. Maybe we could have someone on another country up a proper mission to intercept us.