Author Topic: Tonight summed it up for me  (Read 7132 times)

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
Re: Tonight summed it up for me
« Reply #60 on: December 27, 2015, 09:49:03 PM »
Since I'm currently not active, my opinion holds little weight, but your logic is entirely flawed.
 There are lots of players that only pay to fly airplanes. If the game does not provide players the tools to find timely aerial fights, then those players will quit as you suggest they do.

Tank or quit seems to be your stance which is not acceptable for a game built around aerial combat.

Especially since there is a game out there called World of Tanks that provides a thousand times better tanking experience.

This game is about planes. Period. End stop.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: December 27, 2015, 09:54:16 PM »
Especially since there is a game out there called World of Tanks that provides a thousand times better tanking experience.

This game is about planes. Period. End stop.
does wot have wirbs?  :headscratch: there is a reason why I'm asking I have no problem with aerial combat I enjoy aerial combat however when they come over to our base de ack the base and leave town alone just so they can vulch well then I just get the greatest kick out of lighting their plane on fire..I don't really ConSider vulching aerial combat..so I get my quota of vulchers with my wirb then land feeling oh Sooooooo satisfied then up my lil fm2 grab a lil alt and Wait for round 2..until wot can let me do that I'll stay right here..thanks
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 10:18:06 PM by scott66 »
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: December 28, 2015, 08:52:36 PM »
I've tried WOT, not interested and IMHO no comparison to AH. The fact we can fly or GV or do both separates AH from WOT. Add to that the number of people that can be in any given arena at the same time on the same map, nothing I know of out there comes close.  :cheers:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #63 on: December 28, 2015, 10:18:37 PM »
Here's the solution:

Play in Scenarios where the manliest (and womanliest, for those women who play) is found!  :aok

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: December 29, 2015, 01:13:50 AM »
Battle Over Germany...those were the days!

Boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline AApache

• Nickel Member
« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2016, 02:28:44 PM »
 :bhead Don't get so frustrated. Tanks were just as much a part of WWII as planes were. It's all a part of the full experience provided. Just start bombing them if that makes you feel beter. :bolt:
"WE WEREN'T ASSIGNED WE WERE REQUESTED"....Lt.Col.Benjamin O. Davis of the Tuskegee Airmen 

https://youtu.be/B2sDNT91Rzw

https://youtu.be/KaufhZv84Gk

Online save

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2016, 09:14:55 AM »
GV is a part of the game, however getting kills against a flying plane with main gun did never happened during ww2.

The reason is works here is because the tank is one nervous system, not 4 or 5 like in a real tank. A gunner with his very limited FOV could not track a moving plane the commander or loader spotted.

Also to be that effective the commander/gunner have to sit half upper body exposed to gunfire.

As for those Wirbies, they are just too effective, with computer ranging sights no-one had IRL, and very long effective range.

Same go for bomb****ing with outside view, it did not happened in RL and it should not happen here.

Tank should have a outside/inside switch for visibility/vulnerability, Wirbies should have a reduced effective max range, and bombing from F3 view should be stopped.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2016, 09:53:03 AM »
:bhead Don't get so frustrated. Tanks were just as much a part of WWII as planes were. It's all a part of the full experience provided. Just start bombing them if that makes you feel beter. :bolt:

Mmmmm time to dust off the old computer pr maybe get a new one old one might not work and fire up an osti lol
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2016, 06:03:08 AM »
I've defended knowing I couldn't save the base but maybe delay the enemies progress until more support arrives. It works quite well.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter