Author Topic: A question about SEA maps and bridges  (Read 565 times)

Offline j500ss

• Nickel Member
A question about SEA maps and bridges
« on: May 08, 2016, 03:42:21 PM »
Folks,

For the past few days I have been trying to come up with an answer to this question.

How many "objects" make up a bridge on a Special Events Map?    I am trying to determine actual amount of ords needed to take an entire bridge span down,

I've asked in the FSO forum, I've tried to message CM's, and finally a friend directed me here..

Is there an answer?

Thanks

JDOG       :salute

Offline 68falcon

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
Re: A question about SEA maps and bridges
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 05:34:00 AM »
Which map are you looking at? The maps creator and the width of the river/expanse determine the number of objects used to create the bridge. Even with this information the hardness of the bridges can be changed as per the instructions of the event designer.

On the Germany maps there are stone bridges and trestle bridges. The trestle bridges where created by MrMidi and he may have the information you are looking for.

The stone bridges a made from a left and right ramp, one object each. The center pieces are the road and support columns. So each support column is one object
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 07:30:31 AM by 68falcon »
Commanding Officer
68th Lightning Lancers
Fear the Reaper no more. Fear the Lancers

Offline j500ss

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 06:17:34 PM »
I will try to contact MrMidi.

I am aware of hardness changes, and with that info, and the number of objects, one can then determine total lbs of ords needed to get a bridge down.   I would have thought that a setup designer would have that info, but apparently I think wrong.

It's easy to know what it takes to drop a hanger, ord bunker, fuel, gun, ect,ect.   But I have not found a way to make a determination on actual number of objects.

Thank you for you help and direction Falcon

:salute

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 06:49:58 PM »
You can load the terrain in a custom arena or offline. Go into CM Eye mode (God View) and find the target bridge. From what I was able to see, the bridge objects are tied to the nearest base and show as generic structure objects. If you go into the arena settings, to the destroy objects page, you will be able to detonate each structure object and count how many there are.

If it would help, I could take a couple of screenshots as an example.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline j500ss

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2016, 05:28:23 PM »
Thanks Dot.

That sure helps, I had no idea they were tied to a base.   Knowing that makes more sense now.

:salute