Author Topic: Aces High Special Events Facebook Page!  (Read 795 times)

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Aces High Special Events Facebook Page!
« on: January 25, 2016, 04:17:19 PM »
If you're on Facebook, you can keep track of all your favorite special events on our new Facebook page.

Be sure to follow us for important details on all of our monthly events.

https://www.facebook.com/aceshighSE/
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Aces High Special Events Facebook Page!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 08:19:20 AM »
Follow this page to get announcements about upcoming events, like FSO tomorrow night! <S>
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 08:59:03 AM »
Checked it out and gave it a like. Thanks!
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 10:45:48 AM »
Excellent idea - surprising this hasn't been done until now - in fact Nef, even though it's 3x as much work and a PITA, whoever is running the FB page should also sink claws into Twitter (even though they SUCK but that's another post in oclub), Instagram, and Twitch, and do the same with the alerts with each social media system.  Very timely with the new version's landfall within sight now.

Instagram for pics of events, Twitch for streaming them, and Twitter for those who use it and not FB, or just to "double up" the chances of alerts being seen by both players and potential new ones.  Youtube would be a good place to work as well, in conjunction with Twitch.  I think a lot of WT/IL2/DCS/ETC players and other WW2 interested gamers that don't even know HTC exists would come check out AH2/3, if they happened upon a Twitch stream of an event, or even really good Youtube videos.

More players should be the goal of every current player, not just HTC, as IMO more players = less problems in terms of common complaints such as "maps too large" and "difficult to find fights".  Full arenas squash both of these primary complaints - mostly, hah.

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 11:56:23 AM »
Excellent idea - surprising this hasn't been done until now - in fact Nef, even though it's 3x as much work and a PITA, whoever is running the FB page should also sink claws into Twitter (even though they SUCK but that's another post in oclub), Instagram, and Twitch, and do the same with the alerts with each social media system.  Very timely with the new version's landfall within sight now.

Instagram for pics of events, Twitch for streaming them, and Twitter for those who use it and not FB, or just to "double up" the chances of alerts being seen by both players and potential new ones.  Youtube would be a good place to work as well, in conjunction with Twitch.  I think a lot of WT/IL2/DCS/ETC players and other WW2 interested gamers that don't even know HTC exists would come check out AH2/3, if they happened upon a Twitch stream of an event, or even really good Youtube videos.

More players should be the goal of every current player, not just HTC, as IMO more players = less problems in terms of common complaints such as "maps too large" and "difficult to find fights".  Full arenas squash both of these primary complaints - mostly, hah.

Thanks, the CM Team recently created an FSO group and this Aces High Special Events Page. I have been updating it between events and it seems to be reaching lots of people according to the stats. I personally don't have much time for any of those other outlets between my job and family. I'm on Facebook quite a lot managing a few pages, so it's kind of handy. <S>

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 01:47:40 PM »
I figured as much, like I said, it'd be a bit PITA to manage 3 or 4 other platforms.  Still, finding another volunteer with time or having HTC's PR person (I thought they had hired one last year) manage the other platforms would accelerate exposure greatly - if you're seeing a lot of positive and increasing responses from FB alone, it'd be exponential with those other platforms.  Particularly with Twitch and Youtube, which have a far greater "gamer" population than FB does, in fact Twitch is gamer specific, and as I said, many Twitch users have YT channels or follow YT gaming channels as well. 

It's more than intuition, I know I and others who have said the same are right - there are SO many gamers out there interested in WW2, that if they just get the opportunity to SEE AH in action, it'll be enough to get them in the door to try it.  They'll stay or leave based on a pile of factors, but the law of averages = a huge swath of new players are just waiting to be harvested, again IMO - but based on the #s and the strength of the product here I know I'm right - and hopefully that happens with AH3.  Just using the aforementioned platforms to get exposure and information out there will rapidly help that cause when the time is right (new version is live IMO).
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 01:51:17 PM by Gman »

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2016, 03:10:07 PM »
I figured as much, like I said, it'd be a bit PITA to manage 3 or 4 other platforms.  Still, finding another volunteer with time or having HTC's PR person (I thought they had hired one last year) manage the other platforms would accelerate exposure greatly - if you're seeing a lot of positive and increasing responses from FB alone, it'd be exponential with those other platforms.  Particularly with Twitch and Youtube, which have a far greater "gamer" population than FB does, in fact Twitch is gamer specific, and as I said, many Twitch users have YT channels or follow YT gaming channels as well. 

It's more than intuition, I know I and others who have said the same are right - there are SO many gamers out there interested in WW2, that if they just get the opportunity to SEE AH in action, it'll be enough to get them in the door to try it.  They'll stay or leave based on a pile of factors, but the law of averages = a huge swath of new players are just waiting to be harvested, again IMO - but based on the #s and the strength of the product here I know I'm right - and hopefully that happens with AH3.  Just using the aforementioned platforms to get exposure and information out there will rapidly help that cause when the time is right (new version is live IMO).
I have thought about the Twitch idea and how to make it work. It works well with games that have a dedicated "spectator" setup, however we don't have one. CMEye would be neat to incorporate, however I'm not sure that would flow very well.

Then, you run into the issue of people abusing a stream in our tactical events (like FSO and Scenarios) to locate enemies since the stream is relatively real time. Unless the stream was delayed 5-10 minutes and the streamer never used the map/sat on a vox with no voice, I'd think the only events we could stream would be ones like Racing and KOTH.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2016, 05:21:43 PM »
Good point regarding events, but I'm pretty certain for other games where this is an issue a delay of whatever time you choose can be inserted with Twitch - Starcraft 2, and tons of other competitive games with real $ on the line, where having opponents maps/areas blacked out is critical for fairness.  Same even with CS GO, which has one of the largest Twitch and online pro gaming $/following out there right now, and a couple other RTS type games which are up there too. 

So I think it could be done for events - I do think you're right,  that faster paced stuff like KOTH and other dueling/racing leagues would play better on Twitch anyway - I myself often complain about boredom (I'm sure you've heard/remember Spikes) during FSO, so I can imagine newer players watching would feel the same even more so until they got into it.  Perhaps just streaming FSO from the perspective of certain pilots on the high kill score boards, afterwards, and only showing clips from the action once squads engage in fights/objectives, eliminating transit/no action times, would be the way to go for events/FSO with Twitch.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 05:23:26 PM by Gman »

Offline HL117

• Nickel Member
      • Aircams
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2016, 09:06:01 PM »
Good point regarding events, but I'm pretty certain for other games where this is an issue a delay of whatever time you choose can be inserted with Twitch - Starcraft 2, and tons of other competitive games with real $ on the line, where having opponents maps/areas blacked out is critical for fairness.  Same even with CS GO, which has one of the largest Twitch and online pro gaming $/following out there right now, and a couple other RTS type games which are up there too. 

So I think it could be done for events - I do think you're right,  that faster paced stuff like KOTH and other dueling/racing leagues would play better on Twitch anyway - I myself often complain about boredom (I'm sure you've heard/remember Spikes) during FSO, so I can imagine newer players watching would feel the same even more so until they got into it.  Perhaps just streaming FSO from the perspective of certain pilots on the high kill score boards, afterwards, and only showing clips from the action once squads engage in fights/objectives, eliminating transit/no action times, would be the way to go for events/FSO with Twitch.
https://mobile.twitter.com/HTCWaffle

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

Whether you think you can or cannot, you are right!

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2016, 01:14:05 PM »
Nice screenshot.   :D

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2016, 02:05:50 PM »
As further proof of gamer interest in WW2 gaming, in particular Massively Multiplayer WW2 online gaming, which is a term HT himself coined - Heroes & Generals, a WW2 FPS/RTS hybrid game had a few players show up for its opening weekend...Just 7.1 million of them.  Over 7 million WW2 game interested players in just 2 days.

There's gold in them there hills for HTC, it's just a matter of mining the best veins of it at the right time IMO.

Agree re: screenshot(s).  There are some pretty incredible ones around right now, and it's still "beta".