Author Topic: current AH2 corner speeds  (Read 2811 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: current AH2 corner speeds
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2016, 02:02:20 PM »
It's simple. The stall and stall speed are two different things. The critical AOA is not greater than the critical AOA.

Traveler defines the stall as the departure from controlled flight. The part where the student goes "whoa!". It's understandable and useful but it's a narrow definition not shared by the FAA.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2016, 04:33:20 PM »
Well, were aligned then - but you've ignored my request. You wouldn't happen to know in-game cl max increments for the 109g-14 at 1-4 notches of flap, would you?

Edit : come to think, it'd be pretty easy to back it out based on an in-game test of vs at each flap setting.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2016, 05:29:54 PM »
I was going to suggest you compare the lowest speed you can pull 3g at each flap extension. Note the speed and you can figure the radius and rate. But I see you get that already.   :aok

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2016, 06:54:33 PM »
The 2.45 x stall speed rule-of-thumb is based on clean stall. Corner Velocity is like an instantaneous fleeting petal in a fight. Now Sustained Turn... that 's the ticket!  :D