Author Topic: Another tiresome F-35 Article...  (Read 301 times)

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
Another tiresome F-35 Article...
« on: April 06, 2017, 03:40:31 PM »
It's a decent brief on the evolution, but, honestly, I think we've covered all this ground here. I knew they'd never make complexity targets. Product development in multi-region automotive is like that, too. You want commonality... AND you want differentiation. The customer wins or you both lose.

G. Scholz - see anything in here we haven't already addressed..? I see an expected US procurement of about 2400, while I think we were kicking around numbers closer to 4000, but that might include export.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2017-04-04/is-the-f-35-a-trillion-dollar-mistake

At least we never have to worry about some modern-day Goering saying, "it's pretty, but..."

... because it's NOT pretty. Recall, the fat man stated that about the Spit, paraphrasing, "it's pretty but the 109 is a fully functional weapon."

Speaking of which, if I had to state what the best-looking modern-era fighter is/was, I'd be sorely tempted to put in a word for Northrop.

Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: Another tiresome F-35 Article...
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 05:51:27 PM »
Lock it!  Lock it now!!!   :police:
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)