Author Topic: Thanks for Being Professional  (Read 544 times)

Offline MachNix

• Nickel Member
Thanks for Being Professional
« on: May 21, 2016, 12:48:21 AM »
Warloc, who was CiC for the Allies, got called into work near the last minute and asked me to handle things.

"The orders are done and everyone knows what they are doing," he said. 
"Shure, no problem," I reply. 

After all, what could be better than Germany in the winter?  There is skiing and sleigh rides.   Snopes and brandy.  Warm fires in the fire places and warm fraus in the…kitchens.  Yea, that's it, in the kitchens making strudel.

So I figured I better get familiar with the orders; but upon reviewing the Objectives, it was discovered that the aircraft where assigned to specific bases and the orders had the wrong fields.  I had about 3 hours to blast out an email before the start of the frame.

Some squads had already drawn up some elaborate plans to handle their portion of the orders and that was now all out the window.  I was expecting complete bedlam at the start of the frame but it turned out to be a fairly normal CiC duty in the end.

Thanks everyone for your professionalism in adjusting to the last minute changes.

:salute
MachNix
XO, 1841 FAA

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
Re: Thanks for Being Professional
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 12:51:57 AM »
Great job tonight MachNix!!! 

<<S>>
SlipKnoT
XO, G3-MF
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2016, 07:43:51 AM »
Good catch MachNix :aok , As I never even noticed the issue and could have been really bad if let slip by.  Most of us CO's and XO's in FSO have been doing this long enough that re-organizing a plan last minute is almost routine.  Shows what a great FSO community we actually have :D

:salute
BigRat
When you think the fight might be going bad, it already has.
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2016, 08:18:07 AM »
No sweat. Glad you caught it.

As a seasoned FSO CIC, I felt these Objectives were very difficult. Some of the most difficult I can remember. Minimums for all aircraft, 8 objectives to attack and defend in Frame 1 and field restrictions made them no easy task. We got it done, but not without some serious planning.

There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2016, 09:03:08 AM »
All is well.  Good CIC and good squads and CO's running ops.  Well done! :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2016, 06:53:13 AM »