Author Topic: A6m2 Wing Bombs  (Read 681 times)

Offline 49ZERO

• Zinc Member
A6m2 Wing Bombs
« on: September 26, 2016, 03:04:39 PM »
Ok here is a very sad story about why I cant hit anything with the a6m2 wing bombs other than a radar tower. Once in a blue moon  I can kill a tiger but the accuracy sucks. The a6m5b wing bombs are deadly accurate but they are the same as the a6m2. My question is does anyone know the secret to the a6m2 wing bombs ? The reason is I want to kill tigers in a plane no one would ever use. I guess I will continue to attempt to master this but I have lost so many a6m2s that Mitsubishi wont give me any more to fly.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: A6m2 Wing Bombs
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 03:31:37 PM »
Offline put a tiger in the drone list, enable the dive bombing sight. Chances are you have to let both bombs go together to control being out of balance. In the gunsight app change to this gunsight "usaN9Mk8rkt". It has bomb and rocket aids. If the constant having to waste time upping from the runway is getting to you. Online go to the "Player" tab. Create an arena and select "gunnery" from the drop menu. Make no other changes and click create. Now you have downloaded a terrain with an airspawn next to the field for practice of this kind. Also you can EF in flight.

At 15 years I got really tired of all the time wasted taking off when I wanted to practice bombing and rocketing.

After you get the terrain downloaded, go to the post below and follow the instructions to get the few files needed for offline use. This is the offline terrain where you can spawn a wirbel 500yards under the drone path and turn on the lead computing gunsight. If you get the files below the lead computing gunsight and bomb sight are both enabled. When you select bombs or rockets, the green cross shows up. Use the tab key to select the nearest drone to enable the gunsight green cross.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,381847.0.html

Hope this helps your bombing accuracy.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 03:36:06 PM »
I don't see any difference between them. You can test both aircraft in the TA or offline or in a custom arena and use the green bombing aid cross to compare sight pictures. The cross is on in the TA, you can turn it on offline in arena settings flight mode flags.

On the TA map use a NE runway for air spawn at field A22 to save flight time.

Another option is in Bustr's post.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 03:41:43 PM »
Now if you don't need to see the tank's Icon, there are over 200 tanks sitting everywhere on that terrain and they will go boom if you hit them with bombs or rockets. Their destruct table is slightly different than if you use a tank drone that shows an icon. Though there won't be any Trainers to ask questions.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline 49ZERO

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 05:34:14 PM »
thanks for the information salute

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2016, 06:24:53 PM »
Also watch "the ball" to make sure you don't have any yaw during dive bombing. 

When you are yawing, your gunsight is pointed off-angle from your actual direction of flight.  A bomb will fall in your direction of flight, so yaw during dive bombing causes an error or "inaccuracy" in your aiming.

Perhaps the difference in weight or FM between the two versions of the Zero is causing you to fly it slightly differently and perhaps you yaw more when flying one or the other?

<S>
Kingpin
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 06:30:38 PM by Kingpin »
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.