Author Topic: Voice to headset and game sounds to speakers  (Read 657 times)

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
Voice to headset and game sounds to speakers
« on: September 20, 2016, 09:48:45 PM »
Is it possible in AH to have the VOX go to the headset while the rest of the game sounds go to the speakers?
Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"

Offline Dobs

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: Voice to headset and game sounds to speakers
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 07:36:57 AM »
In the Preferences>Ingame Sound you can set speaker or headset for various outputs.  Haven't tested it to see if it works.

GTX 980TI
Intel I7-6700K @4GHZ
32GB RAM
Fly at 3840x 2160 resolution

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 10:03:15 AM »
In the Preferences>Ingame Sound you can set speaker or headset for various outputs.  Haven't tested it to see if it works.

Yeah I messed around with that but didn't seem to work.  I'm a Mac guy so not up to speed on tweaking computer gadgets.
Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 10:24:38 AM »
On the right hand side, make sure you have the correct devices selected for your headset and for your speakers. On the left hand side, you select what audio goes to what device, speaker or headset. As you can see, all mine are set to go to the headset.

AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2016, 05:26:23 PM »
Oh good grief!  I totally missed the headset/speaker buttons on the left side.  Thinking that might help.  I'm going to blame it on chemo-brain.

Thanks
Columbo

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2016, 05:28:42 PM »
Oh good grief!  I totally missed the headset/speaker buttons on the left side.  Thinking that might help.  I'm going to blame it on chemo-brain.

Thanks

:cheers:
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2016, 06:14:12 PM »
Is it possible in AH to have the VOX go to the headset while the rest of the game sounds go to the speakers?

If you have a USB headset it is.  You'll have to set the headphones/mic in Windows (usually found in control panel -> sounds) as your default communication device.  Then in AH, in the game sounds under microphone, select your USB headset, do the same for microphone.  Now you'll have vox through the headset while game sounds through desktop speakers.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2016, 09:13:31 PM »
Got it working, thanks
Columbo