Author Topic: Strat damage reset  (Read 354 times)

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
Strat damage reset
« on: September 21, 2016, 05:27:47 AM »
In the span of 15 minutes:

1) Buffs took bish AAA down from 100% to 35%
2) The nits took the vbase next to it (V40)
3) Another buff with leftover ords took AAA down a little more

and
4) Bish AAA was back up to 94%

Did the taking of v40 somehow trigger a reset of the bish AAA strat?. And if so, bug, or intended aspect of the game?

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Strat damage reset
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 05:59:17 AM »
Resupply.  :neener:
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 08:14:50 PM »
Think I've figured it out.
When a base is taken, HiTech's damage healing fairy waves her magic wand, mutters an incantation, and voila! any autoack that was down before the take at that base immediately pops back up. The fairy in AH3 seems to be using the mystical equivalent of a megaphone and the healing that resulted extended to the AAA strat several miles away.

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 08:22:23 PM »
Think I've figured it out.
When a base is taken, HiTech's damage healing fairy waves her magic wand, mutters an incantation, and voila! any autoack that was down before the take at that base immediately pops back up.

Auto ack has always auto popped as soon as the base is taken.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2016, 09:52:52 PM »

Fact.

Healing fairies indeed...  :noid
SkyKnights Fighter Group -CO-
R.I.P.  SKDenny 02/03/1940 - 02/19/2012

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2016, 03:05:07 AM »
When the base becomes a Bishop base the AAA factory for Bishops come into play, rather than the knight AAA factory.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2016, 07:20:57 AM »

Of course it has.
But to the best of my knowledge, it's always just been the base that was captured that has the ack pop, not any targets nearby. This time, not only did the base ack pop, but the strat that was several miles away was simultaneously nearly completely healed as well.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2016, 07:24:46 AM »
Wait for it . . .

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2016, 07:33:56 AM »
I tried to duplicate this in a custom arena, damaging tis particular factory first and then capturing V40. Factory damage did not change.

Are you sure that there had been no resupply by players? After all, factory resupply has been substantially beefed up. Three to six players can bring up a factory now in very short time (too quick, if anybody would ever ask me)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2016, 07:51:17 AM »
I just did this in a custom arena, and I believe Hitech has corrected something that has been broken for a very long time.

If you hit a factory for Knights and then check field damage it will report the damage of the factory. However, if Bishops then capture that same field, then the damage that will be reported is now the Bishop factories.

Now go back and read what I said in report #2 and it will make more sense.

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2016, 05:35:44 PM »
oops, ignore
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 05:51:02 PM by molybdenum »

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2016, 05:50:35 PM »
I tried to duplicate this in a custom arena, damaging tis particular factory first and then capturing V40. Factory damage did not change.

Are you sure that there had been no resupply by players? After all, factory resupply has been substantially beefed up. Three to six players can bring up a factory now in very short time (too quick, if anybody would ever ask me)

No, I'm not sure. I didn't realize 1 resup of factory is worth 30 minutes' healing, so if there was a resup mission of 5 or 6 m3s it could have happened, even in the minimal time frame I alluded to. I'd bet against it--the sneakage of v40 was accomplished because the bish were very busy elsewhere, so who was available to run an m3 mission?--but if it did, I hope chalenge or whoever was involved shares so we can be sure a bug wasn't invoved.

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2016, 05:56:42 PM »
I just did this in a custom arena, and I believe Hitech has corrected something that has been broken for a very long time.

If you hit a factory for Knights and then check field damage it will report the damage of the factory. However, if Bishops then capture that same field, then the damage that will be reported is now the Bishop factories.

Now go back and read what I said in report #2 and it will make more sense.

If I understand what you're saying (not sure that I do) we'd get a misreport of the actual damage % based on how we checked for that damage. And that didn't happen--nits discovered the nearly healed strat because they were expecting 100+min downtime on autoack and only got ~37min when they began to take bish guns down.
Do you know for certain that several bish resupped AAA strat right after it was taken down? That would mean no bug problem.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2016, 08:02:54 PM »
I know that when the bomber went past the factory I was sitting right there with supplies, and continued to carry supplies while that bomber was on the way home. Before he landed the factory was 100%. It was not instantaneous. However, if there is a chance that your downtime check was not refreshed properly then you already have your answer. It used to refresh automatically, but not now.