Author Topic: Global Voice Transmission CHANNEL vs RANGE  (Read 420 times)

Offline Rolland

• Zinc Member
Global Voice Transmission CHANNEL vs RANGE
« on: December 18, 2016, 07:52:27 PM »
Today IronStorm was helping me with the voice communication in this game.  So now I see that there are two different commands for voice transmission: Global Voice Transmission CHANNEL and RANGE.   I see that in the Vox you can put in a number like a frequency.  So I am thinking that if say I do put in 200 in that that anybody that also has 200 Vox can here me.  But I am a little confused of the difference between CHANNEL and RANGE and if in the text box has anything to do with it for choices of squad and room and country.   So just how doe these two different voice transmissions work with room, country and squad and such.
Race you to the Mucky Duck!

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
Re: Global Voice Transmission CHANNEL vs RANGE
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 09:07:15 PM »
Range is anyone within a certain distance from you. You can't change range channel. Tuned channel can be changed by the player. If you type in anything 200 up you can talk to anyone in game even across countries that is tuned to that channel. If you type in 100-199 you can talk to anyone in your country tuned to the same channel.

If when using tuned channel you tune to squad if you are in a squad everyone in the squad can hear you. You can also use dot commands to change radio channels like I explained in your other thread here: http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,383866.0.html

Hope that helps.

:salute
Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Global Voice Transmission CHANNEL vs RANGE
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2016, 09:42:13 PM »
All of the listed "channels" in the drop down boxes are Text only channels.

Squad, only those in your squad can see them
Country, only those in your country can see them
Mission, only those who have joined a posted mission can see them
All, everyone from all countries can see them. (im not sure but the "all" may be disabled in the melee arena. To text to everyone you have to tune 200)

The channels, 1-199 are only your country can use them. Channels 200+ are cross country channels so you can tune players on other countries.

Channel "V" is the Vox channel and the channel numbers and labeled channels (in the drop down boxes) have the same setup as the text channels.

SIk1 explained the range channel.