Author Topic: GV / VR  (Read 424 times)

Offline pxdig

• Copper Member
GV / VR
« on: January 22, 2017, 11:05:07 AM »
I'm playing with a VR, oculus rift and simply could not play the game without it anymore.  However, the aiming point on tanks, the main gun, appears as two separate aim points and the rounds land somewhere in the middle.  It's almost as if the sight is too close and no I can't just back up.  Any suggestions will be appreciated...

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: GV / VR
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 12:19:14 PM »
I'm playing with a VR, oculus rift and simply could not play the game without it anymore.  However, the aiming point on tanks, the main gun, appears as two separate aim points and the rounds land somewhere in the middle.  It's almost as if the sight is too close and no I can't just back up.  Any suggestions will be appreciated...

Just verifying you are referring to the F2 gunner position tank sight?

HiTech

Offline pxdig

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 12:54:43 PM »
Yes sir, the main gun.  I have the positions mapped to my hotas so I can't remember the exact number, but I'm pretty sure that's it.  It's the round sight where u shoot AP/HE/ smoke...

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 05:10:27 PM »
Yes the gunner sight.

There are a couple of issues with it in VR. If you have a dominant eye then your aim will be off left or right of center depending on which eye is dominant. If you don't have a dominant eye the sight appears to be close enough to the eye to create a double vision effect.

If you go to options/preferences/VR/ enable Mono Vision then these problems go away.

The same problem exists in the aircraft gunsights but not as extreme (probably due to shooting over shorter distances and the eye being further away from the gunsight). It also happens with bombsights (same extremity as tanks).

This is NOT a bug in the game - it is representative of what would happen IRL. Though I think a tank or bomb sight would be a single eye only? (not stereoscopic 3D).

I requested a feature in the wishlist subforum to be able map VR Mono Vision to a button. Or alternately HT could make tank and bomb sights mono only.

Offline Owlblink

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2017, 05:40:38 PM »
I requested a feature in the wishlist subforum to be able map VR Mono Vision to a button. Or alternately HT could make tank and bomb sights mono only.

I like the idea of settinging this se two sights to mono as an option.

If you treat the vehicle gunsight as a dovetail sight on the back end of a gun you will get the feel for centering a target between the double sight image.
Kommando Nowotny FSO
80th FS "Headhunters"