Author Topic: More realism...  (Read 1817 times)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: More realism...
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2017, 04:42:45 PM »
When you hear that you are seventeenth in line for take-off you might not like the realism so much.

:salute
Sik

Yea hate it when that happens in real life also.

HiTech

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2017, 05:07:42 PM »
There's a difference between intentional and unintentional griefing.  I can see unintentional griefing getting fixed by community ettiquette.  There's also the option of taxiing in the grass if someone in front isn't moving and the pattern is otherwise clear.

Intentional griefing is another matter.  There are a number of ways to fix that ranging from passive delayed takeoff times after collisions with delays increasing exponentially to active self policing with the ability for friendlies to shoot down intentional griefers (i.e. collisions can get you flagged personally as kill shooter off).

I'd be willing to bet that most of the AH community now is well behaved and well intentioned enough that this wouldn't be an issue.  It's been a really long time since I've seen anything like the pilot hunts that used to happen in Air Warrior when someone was being particularly obnoxious.

LOL

Sir, with all due respect, you must be playing a different game than I.

This would be a disaster of epic proportions. 

Yeah, OK, let's try this, I just want to sit in the tower and watch for a few minutes.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2017, 05:22:20 PM »
Personally I think the game has more than enough realism as it is. The game is easy to start, difficult to master. The right mix of of game playablity, and realism. Adding more realism would scare away a "casual" flying who isn't interested in adjusting this, or taxing here and waiting for a spot and so on.

The game is made to be played and have some fun. I dont want to have to study a manual to get off the ground and keep my plane in the air.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2017, 05:25:49 PM »
Uh, no.  The MA has wind sir.  And it is at different directions depending on the altitude.
The quotes around "turned off" were not clear enough I apologize, I know there is wind in the MA(I know where to go to actually see the setting) but the wind is not very noticeable compared to say if you go above 6K on a map setup for KOTH or above 20K in tomorrow's scenario setup....you are going to notice it very quickly. (You don't have to think about the wind in a flight because you don't notice it enough to effect the fight)
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2017, 05:38:55 PM »
The quotes around "turned off" were not clear enough I apologize, I know there is wind in the MA(I know where to go to actually see the setting) but the wind is not very noticeable compared to say if you go above 6K on a map setup for KOTH or above 20K in tomorrow's scenario setup....you are going to notice it very quickly. (You don't have to think about the wind in a flight because you don't notice it enough to effect the fight)

It doesn't happen often, but I know I've had more than one buff attack thrown off by going through a wind layer.

Zoney- What percentage of the people you see flying go above 14k? ;)  For them, for all intents and purposes wind is off in the MA.

Regarding friendly fire and friendly collisions, no possible good could come of that.  Fly scenarios/FSO for your friendly fire fix.  I've always wanted to see how much flavor friendly collisions in a scenario/FSO would add, but it would take a long time to launch.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2017, 07:38:07 PM »
Yea hate it when that happens in real life also.

HiTech

I remember being number 40+ in line getting out of La Guardia back in the day.   The taxi was twice as long as the flight.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2017, 11:33:16 PM »
It doesn't happen often, but I know I've had more than one buff attack thrown off by going through a wind layer.

Zoney- What percentage of the people you see flying go above 14k? ;)  For them, for all intents and purposes wind is off in the MA.

Regarding friendly fire and friendly collisions, no possible good could come of that.  Fly scenarios/FSO for your friendly fire fix.  I've always wanted to see how much flavor friendly collisions in a scenario/FSO would add, but it would take a long time to launch.

Wiley.
Oh for sure you are correct, the TA152 also seems to feel it more(wider wings have more effect???) but like you said...under 14K you see 90%ish of the community
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline JVboob

• Nickel Member
« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2017, 09:25:55 PM »
Personally I think the game has more than enough realism as it is. The game is easy to start, difficult to master. The right mix of of game playablity, and realism. Adding more realism would scare away a "casual" flying who isn't interested in adjusting this, or taxing here and waiting for a spot and so on.

The game is made to be played and have some fun. I dont want to have to study a manual to get off the ground and keep my plane in the air.

Well said!!! case closed! :aok
"Sighhhhhhhhhh, office closed do to ice for a day, And I miss a thread like this.."HiTech
Armed N Hammered 2002-2003
JG44 Night Hawks/JV44 Butcher Birds 2003-2009
49th Fighter Group fightn' 49ers Feb2012-present
138th FW Tulsa, OK 2009-2015