Author Topic: Please please please stop with this night time stuff  (Read 5436 times)

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: Please please please stop with this night time stuff
« Reply #135 on: June 07, 2017, 05:34:21 PM »
This game is hard for some players. Perhaps HTC should do away with the hard flight model too.  :rolleyes:
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #136 on: June 07, 2017, 06:59:19 PM »
I thought the night thing was fixed a couple of months ago... :noid

Why is thread still going...
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Butcherbird702

• Zinc Member
« Reply #137 on: June 08, 2017, 03:29:08 AM »
Alright ive held my mouth shut long enough regarding the night thing. We have an extremely grey area calling AH a simulation or a game. Being so not one of us like to say we spend a lot of money on "video games" don't evan own an xbox but I got the h.o.t.a.s. with a hot laptop (not some gaming machine its just nice). I'm going to say ten times outta ten "I have a ww2 simulator" and do I not? I don't go home to play, I go home to fly or with the wife. What I'm trying to say besides have you seen the beautiful night sky or how bout the clouds because without something up there in the background "they look like a bunch of damn models" - Leonardo Di Caprio  Aviator. HTC took time into our sky and there on the right track also I thank them for it (although everone complains and its always sunny on aces) Now if were always going to have perfect conditions get rid of the gauges nobody is gonna need IFR were all great at VFR dogfighting, navigating, etc. I live in Vegas and our weather isn't as nice as the weather on AH. We have arena's for "playing around" but I enjoy the realism of the software and for the most part the people. Night, Clouds, Wind mandatory especially on historical events. K too the wishlist this one goes but nightfighters with a radar of the day installed in them. Imagine a town burning and giving off an orange glow. I like the one the guy said about the searchlights too badass. Excuse my language. Anyhow like everone else ill keep playing but if our HTC programmers aren't eating cause we all went to some other "GAME" they wont care if we ever login again so all I'm saying is its a no-brainer yes we absoultly must have metrological conditions accurate to real life. Including AT LEAST 45minutes of night, evan 7/11 has a one hour cool-down,

Offline 428CJ

• Copper Member
« Reply #138 on: June 09, 2017, 05:07:23 PM »
 I am here because its dark in game - I have my blinds totally closed and still cant make out things on the monitor well enough to play.  Tried the gamma thing but it looks weird, then you have to change it back when it gets light again.  Just getting to be a time to sit in tower or get out of the game and do something else.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #139 on: June 09, 2017, 05:12:00 PM »
Alright ive held my mouth shut long enough regarding the night thing. We have an extremely grey area calling AH a simulation or a game. Being so not one of us like to say we spend a lot of money on "video games" don't evan own an xbox but I got the h.o.t.a.s. with a hot laptop (not some gaming machine its just nice). I'm going to say ten times outta ten "I have a ww2 simulator" and do I not? I don't go home to play, I go home to fly or with the wife. What I'm trying to say besides have you seen the beautiful night sky or how bout the clouds because without something up there in the background "they look like a bunch of damn models" - Leonardo Di Caprio  Aviator. HTC took time into our sky and there on the right track also I thank them for it (although everone complains and its always sunny on aces) Now if were always going to have perfect conditions get rid of the gauges nobody is gonna need IFR were all great at VFR dogfighting, navigating, etc. I live in Vegas and our weather isn't as nice as the weather on AH. We have arena's for "playing around" but I enjoy the realism of the software and for the most part the people. Night, Clouds, Wind mandatory especially on historical events. K too the wishlist this one goes but nightfighters with a radar of the day installed in them. Imagine a town burning and giving off an orange glow. I like the one the guy said about the searchlights too badass. Excuse my language. Anyhow like everone else ill keep playing but if our HTC programmers aren't eating cause we all went to some other "GAME" they wont care if we ever login again so all I'm saying is its a no-brainer yes we absoultly must have metrological conditions accurate to real life. Including AT LEAST 45minutes of night, evan 7/11 has a one hour cool-down,

:headscratch:

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #140 on: June 09, 2017, 05:22:26 PM »
+1

DEACON!!!!! what ya doing, how have you been
did you change your call sign?   good to see you
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #141 on: June 09, 2017, 05:30:51 PM »
well I don't think people will quit they, will log off for 30mins and then log back on, daylight last's a whole lot longer than night.. as for the other stuff  What? :headscratch:
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #142 on: June 11, 2017, 09:35:05 PM »
Because some of us like to interact with our opponents as opposed to going to every possible length to avoid them.

Where are the night variants of the planes?  All I see are the day versions.  Seems kind of silly to me to fly day fighters at night.

Wiley.

I agree,  just some of the people here do not like the nights......so why spoil the night fun for just some of the people

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #143 on: June 11, 2017, 11:03:09 PM »
Night would make sense if we had night fighters with onboard radars, if we could actually see engine exhaust flames on aircraft etc etc.

Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #144 on: June 12, 2017, 11:42:23 AM »
Night would make sense if we had night fighters with onboard radars, if we could actually see engine exhaust flames on aircraft etc etc.

Ya mean the big red icons are not good enough..........don't forget the bombers your trying to find are going to have just as difficult time in the bomb site as you are finding them.....so it all shakes out in the wash. It takes different skills that have to be learned and you can't do it with 20 or 30 min of night time...

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #145 on: June 12, 2017, 04:26:09 PM »
I moon everyone when it is dark.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #146 on: June 13, 2017, 04:23:46 PM »
Wow Shuffler! You need to get on a diet! That Strawberry Moon looked a lot bigger than last months full moon. Think the night sky was off a bit too. I think I could see the LITTLE Dipper just under the moon?  :devil :x
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #147 on: June 13, 2017, 04:54:42 PM »
Wow Shuffler! You need to get on a diet! That Strawberry Moon looked a lot bigger than last months full moon. Think the night sky was off a bit too. I think I could see the LITTLE Dipper just under the moon?  :devil :x

DOH.    :bolt:
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)