Author Topic: Battleship  (Read 707 times)

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
Battleship
« on: March 29, 2017, 10:25:16 AM »
The Carrier Group is designated with a "C". I think the Battleship Group should be Designated with a "B". It would make it easier and quicker to find.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
Re: Battleship
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 12:14:18 PM »
or more accurate " BB "
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 01:37:51 PM »
or more accurate " BB "

That would be how they were identified on the USN strategy map board at USN Ops room HQ no? Looks like a chess board except it has all boat markers with the descriptor and the group # - kinda like we have our map. Cept it looks like a huge kids play map. :D
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 01:41:52 PM by Mister Fork »
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 01:55:30 PM »
The carrier task group where the carrier has the O'club and map room is numbered as C###. The BB has the same C###, so if anything the BB task group where the battle ship has it's own O'club and map room should be changed to B###. The ship object is already named "BB" in the terrain editor.

You guys know the BB can be added to a CV task group while building a terrain in the terrain editor and it simply becomes ship number 6 and it's guns can be selected from the CV's hanger?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 02:05:07 PM »
The Carrier Group is designated with a "C". I think the Battleship Group should be Designated with a "B". It would make it easier and quicker to find.

It will at some point, but when I decided to add the icon, adding a new field type required more validation time then I had that day.

Other things with the field type is default configuration stuff. I.E. what planes are available.

HiTech

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2017, 02:22:03 PM »
It will at some point, but when I decided to add the icon, adding a new field type required more validation time then I had that day.

Other things with the field type is default configuration stuff. I.E. what planes are available.

HiTech
:aok

Works for us.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2017, 02:31:20 PM »
Well this is the best map I think I have ever played.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2017, 04:30:47 PM »
will all other maps have the battleship added?  or is it just bustrs? 
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2017, 04:47:42 PM »
 I know that BB is the correct name for Battleships, as CV would the correct name for that Carrier's.

Offline madrid311

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2017, 10:56:39 AM »
I love me some battleship. Can't wait to broadsides a enmy cv group
Quote from: hitech on Yesterday at 11:15:04 AM              
         I am happy you are having fun. HiTech                                                  
                  In game name : GunFTR

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2017, 03:21:57 PM »
Adding a BBtsg0 to each port like Hitech asked me to do on BowlMA would turn CraterMA into a madhouse with it's ship game areas. With the search for quicker action these days, the BB would be the big sinking target for off hours bombers along with a scourge of the island setups and shore bases. There would be some intense and quick marine battles.

I admit I was worried about adding the BB to my terrain, I'm glad Hitech requested it.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2017, 04:08:34 PM »

HiTech

Always quick on the draw with those answers and explanations. <S>

Adding a BBtsg0 to each port like Hitech asked me to do on BowlMA would turn CraterMA into a madhouse with it's ship game areas. With the search for quicker action these days, the BB would be the big sinking target for off hours bombers along with a scourge of the island setups and shore bases. There would be some intense and quick marine battles.

I admit I was worried about adding the BB to my terrain, I'm glad Hitech requested it.

.... and awesome that terrain is. I was sad to see it had rolled over.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 04:10:08 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)