Author Topic: Spawns  (Read 508 times)

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
Spawns
« on: April 20, 2017, 09:28:21 AM »
I am having issues with all the spawns I set being available in the hanger. Only the north spawn for seems to be available.

Chuikov

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
Re: Spawns
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 10:07:12 AM »
The most likely reason for this is that you are not setting the spawn direction arrow when you place the SP in the TE. You need to rotate each SP so that the arrow is in the same direction as the SP is from its home base. So if your SP is east of the base you are spawning from, you rotate the arrow to the east and so on. What this does is set which spawn button on the in-game clipboard that the SP will use, so rotating the arrow east will cause that SP to use the middle right spawn button. The default direction is north so if you don't rotate each SP to a different direction all of them will try to use the north button, I think the game defaults to the first SP placed in this case.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 10:09:18 AM by Greebo »

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Spawns
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 02:08:53 PM »
From the file menu where you generate the map and run build, run the error checker. Hitech says he fixed the issue where it stopped catching spawn point errors after about 100 of them were laid done on the terrain. The error report will tell you about your spawns and anything else not ready for upload to HTC you have left to fix.

When you lay them down, zoom in a bit so the white circle is large, then take your tool set to rotate, just click on the circle in the direction you want the spawn to point other than N,E,S,W which are available as direction buttons. North is the default for "all objects" you lay down on your terrain including spawn directions.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.