Author Topic: New feature  (Read 397 times)

Offline DeadMeat

• Zinc Member
New feature
« on: July 01, 2017, 08:41:10 AM »
Place destroyable aircraft on the field and have them add down time to hangers when destroyed or have them reduce the amount of ordnance needed to take down hanger.

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
Re: New feature
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 08:43:17 AM »
-1 15min hanger downtime is long enough.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2017, 03:39:27 PM »
plus that will work both ways, they can drop your hangers as well then where would you be?
-1 VH's Fighter and bomber hangers and manned guns down for 15 minutes is long enough, and often seems like hours : :airplane:  :joystick:
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 02:22:28 AM »
Place destroyable aircraft on the field

+1

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2017, 08:46:23 AM »
I like the idea of parked planes at fields.  Strafing planes on the ground when attacking airfields seems like it was a common part of WWII air combat, in both PTO and ETO.   I'd like to see these planes "break" when they are destroyed, and burn and smoke for a brief while afterward, rather than just disappear in an explosion with no trace left afterward.

Also, a minor point - but when I see films made from other sims and they show ground operations, the films look so much more realistic and vital when there are other aircraft on the ground at the field.   And when they burn and smoke long enough to make it into some shots when the field is under attack.   

All gotta be balanced against the FPS loss though.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2017, 08:55:30 AM »
I like the idea of parked planes at fields.  Strafing planes on the ground when attacking airfields seems like it was a common part of WWII air combat, in both PTO and ETO.   I'd like to see these planes "break" when they are destroyed, and burn and smoke for a brief while afterward, rather than just disappear in an explosion with no trace left afterward.

Also, a minor point - but when I see films made from other sims and they show ground operations, the films look so much more realistic and vital when there are other aircraft on the ground at the field.   And when they burn and smoke long enough to make it into some shots when the field is under attack.   

All gotta be balanced against the FPS loss though.
so now you wan't to vulch a airfield without any resistance, jeez how lazy can people get.

C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2017, 09:10:51 AM »
It's just another target at the field - not much different than taking out an ordnance of fuel bunker.

I'm really thinking of how much it would enhance AH YouTube videos to be able to show action like strafing planes during a feild attack...

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2017, 09:35:58 AM »
It's just another target at the field - not much different than taking out an ordnance of fuel bunker.

I'm really thinking of how much it would enhance AH YouTube videos to be able to show action like strafing planes during a feild attack...

well then strafe the planes that are taking off and going to shoot u down.