Author Topic: mouse wheel  (Read 738 times)

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
mouse wheel
« on: July 09, 2017, 09:54:23 AM »
Is it possible to map the mouse wheel as a controller?   I'd like to use it to zoom the clipboard.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Online Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: mouse wheel
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 11:24:37 AM »
Yes it is. I used to use it as the throttle with the two button two axis stick I started with.

The only issue with the wheel is that you can't calibrate it accurately since there's no starting or ending points like in a potentiometre.

Nonetheless you have to calibrate the rolling movement for it to be usable, otherwise it would just act as on-off, or normal-full as a zoom toggle.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 12:12:57 PM »
I use it to set the gun range in german tanks..
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 01:41:15 PM »
Is it possible to map the mouse wheel as a controller?   I'd like to use it to zoom the clipboard.

The mouse wheel is seen as an analog controller but the clipboard map zoom is not an analog control choice. That would be a wishlist item.

Offline Owlblink

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2017, 07:12:23 PM »
The mouse wheel is seen as an analog controller but the clipboard map zoom is not an analog control choice. That would be a wishlist item.

There are ways to have the mouse wheel "function" as a normal button where down amd up are seperate button presses, though that takes external software.
Kommando Nowotny FSO
80th FS "Headhunters"

Online Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2017, 09:22:16 AM »
As others have said, there's limitations of what you can do with the wheel.

Go to controllers>map controllers and choose the mouse. Select the wheel and see what is available. Use the "advanced" button to further adjust what can be done. For example "view move forward and back" needs the sensitivity to be moved at least a tad to work at all.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni