Author Topic: Rockets  (Read 1166 times)

Offline subarubren

• Zinc Member
Rockets
« on: July 28, 2017, 05:28:28 PM »
Could someone point me in the right direction, very new to the game and slowly getting to grips with everything but I'm needing help trying to fire rockets, I've loaded them in the hanger just can't seem to find a way to fire them,, hope its not a stupid question 😂

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
Re: Rockets
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 05:40:12 PM »
I believe the default keys are

Backspace to select the rockets.

"B" to fire.

Keep in mind if you carry bombs or drop tanks in addition to rockets.. you will need to hit backspace twice to get them selected.  After dropping them.. you will need to hit backspace again to get your full machine gun or cannon package active.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 06:37:00 PM »
Could someone point me in the right direction, very new to the game and slowly getting to grips with everything but I'm needing help trying to fire rockets, I've loaded them in the hanger just can't seem to find a way to fire them,, hope its not a stupid question 😂

It's only stupid if it isn't asked.  :salute

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline subarubren

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 01:52:57 AM »
Thanks for the replies guys, that might be the problem then I have to select them twice, so I'm looking for select secondary weapon? I assume I can map these to my stick?

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017, 02:07:59 AM »
Yes  you can, backspace is the default button for toggling secondary weapons. Remember than on many planes cannons are also secondary weapons and wont fire if you have selected bombs or rockets.

'.salvo' and '.delay' is also useful commands if you want to fire more than one rocket or bomb at once.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2017, 03:42:47 AM »
Also you can change your gunsights..
Rkt  (I think it's that) if you scroll through the names on the clipboard will designate gunsites to whatever plane you put them too ..but rkt  one's have 2 dashes which you use to aim rkts
Quite handy
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline SNO

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2017, 09:21:04 AM »
Look at the ammo counter on the dashboard to see which secondary weapon is selected when toggling through, so you shoot the desired ordnance.
☩Schnee☩
Jagdgeschwader 11

Das-Beste-kommt-erst-noch

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2017, 10:28:28 PM »
Look at the ammo counter on the dashboard to see which secondary weapon is selected when toggling through, so you shoot the desired ordnance.

Additionally, learn the .salvo (or dot salvo)  commands.  The .salvo command determines how many rockets or bombs are fired or dropped when you hit the trigger.

Open the text buffer.  Type a dot, or period, followed by the word "salvo" (no spaces or quotes), then a space, and then a number.  The number will be the number of rockets fired for each button press. 

".salvo 1" fires one rocket, ".salvo 10" will fire all ten at once.  (If you are flying a P-38 or P-47 you have ten rockets.  Most other American planes carry six.)

I normally set my salvo to maximum when I take off, so that I can quickly dump my ords if I get jumped.  Then I change the setting, if necessary, when I get close.  And yes, I have the secondary weapon trigger and the "toggle secondary weapon" both mapped to joystick buttons.

Hope this helps.  Welcome to the fun .   :salute
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2017, 11:44:44 AM »
In WW2, America was the only country that placed a rocket aid in the reticle. And that was the AAF, while the NAVY\Marines and other countries used reference points off their standard reticle. The British had a tilting reflector plate or a ring that moved the dot from guns to rocket firing.

The default reticle in the P38J\L and some P47s and the P51D is a "V". The arms of the "V" represent your wing mount locations for firing one rocket, while the bottom is 1000-800yds and the top is 400yds. The dot in the center is for aiming a full salvo off both wings.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2017, 09:09:43 PM »
Thanks Buster!  Great info.

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2017, 06:46:54 AM »
. The British had a tilting reflector plate or a ring that moved the dot from guns to rocket firing.

I want one of those, sounds lovely... I love my rkts on the mossie & spit  but use US sights.
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."