Author Topic: help please-"unable to connect to game manager" after patch installs  (Read 437 times)

Offline Rocker

• Zinc Member
Downloaded the new patches then could not connect. Got "unable to ...." and the login page did not even appear. The map went black until I clicked OK. Same happened when clicking on Account Admin. Never had a problem before loading patches.
Even did a complete uninstall and reload. Version 3.02 Patch 3. Still won't even let me attempt to login or go online.
Any ideas?
Thank you :bhead
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 09:49:47 PM by Rocker »

Offline Rocker

• Zinc Member
Re: help please-"unable to connect to game manager" after patch installs
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 12:06:33 AM »
Well after the third reload it went through. Also flushed the files anything AH beforehand. Start from scratch, better get busy...thanks

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 05:52:24 AM »
Sounds like something Internet related was causing the connection issue.  Might want to run a Ping Plot, if this happens again, to catch where the issue might have been.

Given the time of your original post, I am going to guess Level3 is in your network path and they were having a problem.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Rocker

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 01:00:18 PM »
Thank you for the reply Skuzzy. I'm not sure but something blocked a full download with the code necessary for login. Might have been my Zone Alarm which I fully disabled before the last try. I also wiped all AH files so it could have been a previous file not compatible or corrupt.
I should have been more patient and just did each step in succession so I could pinpoint better. But at the time my buddy was waiting for me to get online and I was frustrated and panicked at the thought of not being able to ever play the game again!
But we good now and I learned a lesson on patience and downloading patches.
Thanks for your help and all you do for us Skuzzy. :salute